Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Man of Steel Movie Thread (Blu- ray and DVD)

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,801 mod
edited November 2013 in General

A Thread for the upcoming Superman film being directed by Zach Snyder.

Cast:
Henry Cavill as Superman
Amy Adams as Lois Lane
Michael Shannon as General Zod
Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent
Diane Lane as Martha Kent
Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
Antje Traue as Faora
Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van
Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy
Russell Crowe as Jor-El

Director: Zack Snyder
Writers: David S. Goyer & Christopher Nolan
Producers: Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas & Deborah Snyder

Post edited by Samch92 on

Comments

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,801 mod
    I was surprised to not see a thread for this so I thought I would go ahead and start it out :D Anyone excited for this?

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a little worried when Snyder was director, mainly because I thought Watchman was a good movie, not great, and that Sucker Punch got a lot of hate. But Goyer is along and he's done the story for all 3 Nolan Batman films which is good.

I heard a rumor before that there wouldn't be much backstory for it, so that worries me a bit. Usually origin films are my favorite because of the amount of character that goes into them. Guess I'll have to wait and see :p
    I was a little worried when Snyder was director, mainly because I thought Watchman was a good movie, not great, and that Sucker Punch got a lot of hate. But Goyer is along and he's done the story for all 3 Nolan Batman films which is good.

I heard a rumor before that there wouldn't be much backstory for it, so that worries me a bit. Usually origin films are my favorite because of the amount of character that goes into them. Guess I'll have to wait and see :p
    It will have to be addressed somehow I hope, they have Jor-El in there so somehow Supes will learn of his home planet, or his past, or something. There is a big internet rumor of Bradley Cooper as Lex Luthor and I wouldn't mind seeing that. I am just happy that there will be a redone series of Superman films lol. Batman will always be my favorite DC hero, but Supes is a close second. I hope this movie ends up being grand and with a story conceived by Nolan and Goyer...I bet this will end up being good story wise (If Mark Day isnt hired as the editor haha :P ) Snyder could hit a home run with this. Audiences were iffy about Watchmen (One of my favorite films of all time haha xD ) A lot of people hate Sucker Punch, Dawn of the Dead and 300 are decent and well the Legend of the guardians blah blah owl movie...yeah who saw that? haha :P I am excited for this though. I hope he does justice as a director :3

It will have to be addressed somehow I hope, they have Jor-El in there so somehow Supes will learn of his home planet, or his past, or something. There is a big internet rumor of Bradley Cooper as Lex Luthor and I wouldn't mind seeing that. I am just happy that there will be a redone series of Superman films lol. Batman will always be my favorite DC hero, but Supes is a close second. I hope this movie ends up being grand and with a story conceived by Nolan and Goyer...I bet this will end up being good story wise (If Mark Day isnt hired as the editor haha :P ) Snyder could hit a home run with this. Audiences were iffy about Watchmen (One of my favorite films of all time haha xD ) A lot of people hate Sucker Punch, Dawn of the Dead and 300 are decent and well the Legend of the guardians blah blah owl movie...yeah who saw that? haha :P I am excited for this though. I hope he does justice as a director :3
    trolol I saw that :p

haha was it any good? It looked delicious but I kept forgetting to see it. lol

haha was it any good? It looked delicious but I kept forgetting to see it. lol
    Eh, it was alright. Liked the ending, definitely wasn't what I'd call "happily ever after" so that was nice to see for a kids movie, but overall it wasn't anything special. It did look spectacular though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    One of the funniest stories about a 90's Superman movie that was cursed from the start and never created lol...

The end of the Kevin Smith story about making a Superman movie is so hilarious hahahaha god haha

It evolved a lot over time, Even Tim Burton was attached and made some suits and characters...\

Brainiac

And finally...the choice for Superman...in costume...

Post edited by RyGuy on

• BaneBane Posts: 9,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zack Snyder is directing this. There is no hope.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I'm still holding out hope...Nolan and Goyer are writing the script so it should be good :3 I just hope Snyder doesn't...how do I put this...make it tacky. I just felt that Suckerpunch was tacky lol. I'm one of the very few people who enjoyed Watchmen.

@Bane idk if your a Kevin Smith fan but if you get a chance watch the two videos I posted above bahaha. It is one of the funniest tales of a superhero movie Ive ever heard of lmao

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,939 mod
    New Banner!

:O Is this official?
    Ab-so-ruterly :3

• NickNick Posts: 20,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    atrocious!!!!!!!!!!
    lmao There has been two pictures released ones a banner and one is of superman, There is barely a description out, no trailer, not a full cast list, nobody knows what is a bout and it is "atrocious" lmao...

Post edited by RyGuy on

He's a huge fan of Superman.
    Yes well, unfortunately when it comes to the quality of film production, that matters very little.
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong guys -- I want to believe. But I have about as much faith in Zack Snyder as I do in Uwe Boll.
    I have too much optimism lmao I'm hopeful that this will end up being good...and the key word is hopeful lmao :P

edited April 2012
    New Interview with the actor who plays young Superman :D

Young Clark Kent Says ‘Man of Steel’ is ‘Dark Knight’ Edgy
    In between anticipation for 2012 superhero films like The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, there’s been question about the next big comic book blockbuster on the way, which is Zack Snyder’s (Watchmen) reboot of the Superman movie franchise, Man of Steel.

Set photos and official images aside, what we’ve learned about Man of Steel so far has come primarily from the words and opinions of the cast and crew – and today continues this trend. Check out what Dylan Sprayberry – the actor who plays of the younger version of Clark Kent – had to say about the Superman reboot’s tone, and how it compares to DC/Warner Bros. other big superhero property, namely Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy.

According to Sprayberry:

When Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-American superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he’s a kid.

Regarding the scope of the film:

I didn’t even really notice how big it was until I finished shooting. It was so overwhelming that it was crazy, I was like “I can’t believe I just did all that.” In the moment, I was really focused on the work and the acting.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard Man of Steel being compared to the dark and edgier tones of the Nolan Batman films – star Michael Shannon (General Zod) said the same thing a few months back. The “danger” of making such comparisons is that they tend to rile up those fans who either A) don’t think the Nolan Bat-films are as great as millions (upon millions) of people think they are, or B) don’t think that a bright and shining hero like Superman should be in any way similar to a dark and brooding guy like Batman.

In the latter case, some fans would likely say that it’s Hollywood and the ‘people making the film who know nothing about Superman’ who are trying to blindly emulate the success of the Batman movies at high cost to the identity and legacy of Superman – but that’s not quite the case. Superman, the character, was just re-invented by DC Comics’ “New 52″ reboot, in which the iconic hero is presented as being, well, edgier than before – complete with scaled-down powers that also make him more vulnerable.

The idea behind these changes is to create a Superman more fitting for our current times – less idealistic and invincible, more complex and vulnerable – and while the rebooted comic books have been doing fine in terms of reception and sales, whether or not the wider moviegoing public is going to embrace this new rendering of a classic icon remains to be seen…

Man of Steel flies into theaters on June 14, 2013.
    http://screenrant.com/superman-man-of-steel-dylan-sprayberry-dark-knight-kofi-164239/
    Post edited by RyGuy on

edited May 2012
    On Man Of Steel:"It's Zack's movie so it'd be a bit rude of me to turn up and say I've got a few ideas now," laughs the director when talk turned to his involvement with Man of Steel. "My big point of responsibility was helping shepard David's script. When I'm finished with this I'll be there for whatever Zack wants from me, but it's very much his movie." As for his time working with the Caped Crusader, he adds, "It's an incredibly fun arena to work in and incredibly rewarding, so I will look back on it very fondly. But I'm done with it." - Christopher Nolan
    Post edited by RyGuy on

Superman needs to be anything but dark and edgy. Sounds like they're just trying to copy Batman at this point. Snyder is such a fucking hack and his movies are terrible.

Again, no faith.
    edited May 2012
    Superman needs to be anything but dark and edgy. Sounds like they're just trying to copy Batman at this point. Snyder is such a fucking hack and his movies are terrible.

Again, no faith.
    Superman, like Batman has so many different interpretations...Hes had cheery comics, hes had moderate ones, hes had dark ones and edgy ones. With so many writers and artists over the years and Supes and Bats being two of the biggest comic book characters, it leaves with so many different interpretations that a movie can reflect any of those interpretations. Look at the Nolan Batman movies for instance, he is taking plots points and major characters from a lot of the graphic novels which have a darker feel. Supermans had the same treatment with "Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 1," "Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?," "The Return of Superman," "The Death of Superman," and one of my personal favorites, "Superman/Batman." One of the newer versions has been "Superman: Earth One."

I love the gritty look of Nolan's Batverse and am heavily excited to see what Snyder is creating for Superman. I am definitely the Ying to your Yang on this here. I loved Watchmen, and 300. Dawn of the Dead is a guilty pleasure of mine, and and while I hate the nonexistent plot in Sucker Punch, I find the set design, special effects, cinematography, look and feel to be stunning. I havent seen that Owl movie to judge that one but the trailers looked nifty haha.

so bottom line here: I am definitely excited for this. Nolan co-writing and supplying plot points, Synder's wonderful set design and unique film looks and Henry Cavill who looks just like Superman...well I am definitely excited to see this. If you really want a cheery and upbeat Superman movie I definitely suggest 78's Superman or 80's Superman II. Both are nice adaptations...as for Superman III and IV...well...lets not bring those up hahahaha
    Post edited by RyGuy on

Me thinks a trailer may make an appearance on July 20th ;)

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, no faith.
    Watchmen is a damn good movie.. Sucker punch was alright for having to carry a PG13 rating. Superman does need a dark and edgy feel, God knows we don't need any more Avengers esque comic book movies.

"If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Again, no faith.

Watchmen is a damn good movie.. Sucker punch was alright for having to carry a PG13 rating. Superman does need a dark and edgy feel, God knows we don't need any more Avengers esque comic book movies.

Agreed. I just idk...I dont like how goody goody the Marvel movies are haha. Thor was a tad bit different but it just seems that they go for more humor and a bit more of a lighthearted nature. To me, I enjoy gritty and multi-dimensional hero about coming to odds rather than origin, rising above, bad guy wants to destroy the world, doesn't happen cue credits. hahaha

• GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, no faith.

The director's cut of Sucker Punch is even better.

Again, no faith.

The director's cut of Sucker Punch is even better.
    Once I seen the clip on youtube with the High Roller then it all made sense lol I didn't get why the hell that wasn't in the movie lol

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suckerpunch was a dirty pleasure... The John Hamm love scene should have happened
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,330 mod
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,939 mod
    It's official:
    Warner Bros. will begin promoting its Zack Snyder-directed Superman reboot ‘Man of Steel,’ in a few days (a whole year before it’s June 14, 2013 release date). The studio had a similar strategy with ‘The Dark Knight Rises’. The teaser trailer for that film debuted July 18, 2011, almost a year to the day of its July 20, 2012 scheduled release date. The ‘Man of Steel’ teaser trailer is set to debut on or before July 20 (When The Dark Knight Rises arrives) with official movie stills to appear in movie magazines and online in the next few days!"
    imageimageimage
    Seems that Zimmer is the new co
    mposer being involved in two film franchises, like Desplat and Shore.
    This is exceptional news! Hans Zimmer is one f my top favorites. I cannot wait to hear what he creates for this movie :D

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,595 mod
    Im pretty sure THIS is the Man of Steel movie weve all been waiting for! ^^
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,330 mod

Again, no faith.

Again, no faith.

Superman needs a dark and edgy feel, im tired of seeing Superman always saving the day, its needs some dark and edginess to it, its too cheery for me. I have to admit, im glad Chris Nolan has his hands in this. This movie is going to be awesome because of it. I didnt think The Dark Knight could get any darker, especially with The Joker, imagine how they are gonna do that with Zod and Faora. We need more movies like this with edge.

LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • BraveheartBraveheart Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems that Zimmer is the new co
    mposer being involved in two film franchises, like Desplat and Shore.
    Isn't Zimmer already involved in more than two? What with POTC, the Batman movies, and Sherlock Holmes...
    Well, I meant to say film franchises based in comics and books. Like Desplat with New Moon and Deathly Hallows, and Shore with Eclipse and Lord Of The Rings.
    edited June 2012
    Not that much of a spoiler but here you go :)
    INSIDER HOT CONTENT!!!

WARNING SPOILER

There is a fight sequence that is filmed in a huge set that was completely built for the film to the scale in a warehouse. The cinematographer Amir Mokri lit the scene with amazing giant lights hitting the set through the windows that acted as sun light for the full scale coffee shop. To describe it further, Imagine a Starbucks fused with a classic look with a hint of Modern. It's in a coffee shop in perfect real scale! The fight is a secret tho. I will not be telling you guys as to whom was fighting whom but it was two strong forces that wrecked and tore apart the coffee shop people running, coffee spilling, screams in the background, and tables being cracked apart. It looks so real it will be a FUN scene I promise. Thats all folks.

Source: Multimedia Production Company involved on the project www.themotioncrafters.com

link to the direct page for the Man Of Steel
    http://www.themotioncrafters.com/videography/film/

TMC - The Motion Crafters
    Post edited by RyGuy on

As Warner Bros. gets ready to release The Dark Knight Rises, which will end Christopher Nolan‘s Batman trilogy, they will now turn their attention to their next major franchise, Superman. Though not much has been revealed about Zack Snyder‘s upcoming Superman reboot titled Man of Steel, once The Dark Knight Rises releases, you can expect that to change.

On that note, with just under a year to go until we see Man of Steel hit theatres, today we have two small tidbits of information about Snyder’s upcoming film. First, we’re hearing from Ace Showbiz that the film will have its first trailer revealed at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. No word on how long it will be or what it will show, but it will no doubt be very exciting. Of course, the studio hasn’t confirmed this but it would make sense to show off the first trailer at an event like Comic-Con.

Speaking of the trailer, we also heard that it would play in front of The Dark Knight Rises, which releases about a week after Comic-Con. Again, that isn’t confirmed by the studio either but I’m guessing that whether it’s at Comic-Con or with The Dark Knight Rises, we’ll have seen the first Man of Steel trailer before the end of July.

Now, for the second piece of Man of Steel info, we have a very small plot detail to share with you today. Once again, according to Ace Showbiz, a large part of the film will take place on a war torn Krypton. No further details were given and like the above mentioned information, it is not confirmed by the studio.

Of course, this doesn’t really give us much to go on but with a film as secretive as Man of Steel, I’ll take what I can get it.

So, readers, what do you think? Will a trailer for the film release sometime next month? And what do you make of the “war torn Krypton” plot point?

:O :O :O

Justice League + Wonder Woman news!! :D

Looks like things are in full swing over at Warner Brothers.

As the studio gets ready to release The Dark Knight Rises, their attention is now turning towards Man of Steel as well as their Justice League film.

Hoping to copy Marvel’s model, the studio is looking at how to establish their universe and if what we’re hearing is true, they may kick things off with a Wonder Woman cameo in Man Of Steel.

Now, before you get on your soapbox and start shouting out this ultra exciting news to anyone who will listen, read on.

This report is originating from Comic Book Movie, who claims that Warner Bros. is planning on announcing plans for their “universe” this month. The report goes onto say that the studio will use Man Of Steel to “drop hints that Superman is in a shared universe with his DC counterparts,” kind of like Marvel did.

It then goes onto mention that one hero they are intent on referencing is Wonder Woman. The studio is hoping that if Man Of Steel takes off, these references can be used as a springboard to launch either solo films for the heroes or the Justice League film.

Now, here’s where it gets interesting. CBM claims that these references won’t be that big and they tell us not to expect any character cameos. While that’s all well and good, it seems odd that Warner Bros. wouldn’t use Man of Steel as an opportunity to introduce Wonder Woman, not just reference her.

In thinking this, I spoke to one of our sources that has close ties to the project and he confirmed to me that CBM is correct in that the studio is trying to find a way to reference Wonder Woman. But, our source also disputes CBM on the fact that there won’t be a cameo. From what I’m hearing, the studio isn’t opposed to doing a cameo and if the timing works out (ie: if they find a Wonder Woman and announce the casting on time), then they may be able to pull it off. So don’t rule it out just yet.

Right now though, it’s all up in the air. Nothing is concrete. Sources are never 100% and for all we know Man Of Steel may land in theatres without any references at all.