Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Daniel Radcliffe in new music video by the Slow Club

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,802 mod
edited June 2012 in General
Daniel Radcliffe stars in the new Slow Club video for their track 'Beginners' – which you can watch below.

The Harry Potter actor, who is a big fan of the Sheffield band, is the main focus of the video, which sees him staggering around a deserted bar, drinking shots and punching walls. The clip was shot at the Faltering Fullback pub in London's Finsbury Park.

Singer Rebecca Taylor says in this week's NME, which will be on newsstands tomorrow (June 20) and available digitally:
"We'd known Daniel was a fan and found this pretty cool, but then we met him, got to hang out and chat, and now we have him in our video. He is one of the most energetic and exciting people to be around and has been committed to getting the video right and for that we are so in awe. He made us realise how lazy we all are when it comes to videos!She added that the video's director Lucy Needs, with whom the band have worked with before "totally enhances the meaning of the song", before adding that Radcliffe "looks like a massive babe throughout!"
Daniel Radcliffe isn't the first Harry Potter star to appear in a music video. Rupert Grint recently appeared in Ed Sheeran's video for his track 'Lego House'.

'Beginners' is the latest track to be taken from the band's second album 'Paradise', which was released in September.

You can watch the video for 'Beginners' below:

Comments

• AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 26,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't act :)
    Barely. The problem with the trio, is that none of them are ever doing any acting that we couldn't.

Lord Stafford.
    edited June 2012
    If they weren't big already, this will certainly help them. All you have to do is put Daniel Radcliffe in your video, and then you're set. People will immediately become interested.

Lord Stafford.
    Post edited by Lord Stafford on
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,802 mod
    Still can't act :)

Barely. The problem with the trio, is that none of them are ever doing any acting that we couldn't.

Lord Stafford.
    haha I think he was being sarcastic :P

Well, even if he is, it doesn't make the truth any less true. He can act, but only as far as anyone could.

Lord Stafford.
  • SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually think that Dan is a good actor. He is improving every time I see him.. He is doing so much with himself too.
    Just because he wasn't the perfect Harry Potter in your eyes doesn't mean that you could do it just as good, if not better than him. He was Harry for a reason.
    Photobucket
    I never said he wasn't the perfect Harry Potter. He is Harry Potter. I'm just saying that he isn't anything special as an actor. I admire all that he does to perfect his craft, and I see him going far.

Lord Stafford.
    I know you didn't say that, but a lot of people do.
    Photobucket
    And I wasn't directly talking to you.. Just a general statement.
    Photobucket
    And I get what they're saying. If you had another child actor play Harry Potter, he would be called the perfect Harry Potter. I'm just saying, that if Dan was never chosen for the role, no one would care. Whoever got the role would be known as the perfect match. It just happened to be Dan. It just happened to be Rupert, and it just happened to be Emma. The only problem is, none of the three have much natural talent. You just get the feeling that they're trying too hard. Particularly with Emma.

Lord Stafford.
    Emma has the personality.

Rupert has the ginger hair.

And Dan... well, he is Harry Potter.

Lord Stafford.
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan really impressed me over the course of the series, but i can see what stafford is saying. At the same time, Dan is amazed me with his personality and his newfound dancing and singing skills. Hes such a talented guy :D
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside Potter, I've seen him in one film: Woman in Black. He wowed the fuck outta me. He has potential to be great.

And I get what they're saying. If you had another child actor play Harry Potter, he would be called the perfect Harry Potter. I'm just saying, that if Dan was never chosen for the role, no one would care. Whoever got the role would be known as the perfect match. It just happened to be Dan. It just happened to be Rupert, and it just happened to be Emma. The only problem is, none of the three have much natural talent. You just get the feeling that they're trying too hard. Particularly with Emma.

Lord Stafford.
    Right, the actor now turned acclaimed broadway singer through marvelous reviews has no talent. You nailed him on the spot, no talent whatsoever.
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, this video was shot in a single take. And i thought Dan did a great job...quite cool to see actually.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Pensieve SeekerPensieve Seeker Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.
    On the date Harry Potter was born, the Sun was in Leo and the Moon was in Pisces/Aries. On the date Dan was born, the Sun was in Leo and the Moon was in Pisces/Aries.

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Pottermore user name: SilverQuest212
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Back to the video....

WTF did I just watch?
    Post edited by Kranen on
    Back to the video....

WTF did I just watch?
    I know. Seeing a woman's voice coming out of his mouth is interesting..

But it is very beautiful in a way, the video I mean.
    Photobucket

Lord Stafford.

Right, the actor now turned acclaimed broadway singer through marvelous reviews has no talent. You nailed him on the spot, no talent whatsoever.
    You're an idiot. I never said that.

Lord Stafford.
    Anyone who says that to anyone is an idiot for saying it.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    I'm sorry, "much natural talent."

Right, the actor now turned acclaimed broadway singer through marvelous reviews hasnt much natural alent. You nailed him on the spot, not much natural talent whatsoever.

It's every thread Stafford. The only mention of his acting was Ash being sarcastic, then you turned into posts of why the trio aren't very good actors.

In the twilight thread, which has nothing to do you with Potter, you just decide to mention that DH2 had no battle and wasn't epic even though it had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Just stop, nobody wants to hear you saying that over and over in threads that don't apply.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

I'm sorry, "much natural talent."

Right, the actor now turned acclaimed broadway singer through marvelous reviews hasnt much natural alent. You nailed him on the spot, not much natural talent whatsoever.

I didn't 'nail him' on any spot. Being able to perform on Broadway doesn't automatically mean you have natural talent. Does it? I merely said that he was and still is working (very hard) to perfect his craft. Say if any other child had been cast, would you have called him a 'natural talent'? No, of course not. Unless it's obvious from the beginning, the skills come with the years.

Lord Stafford.
    It's every thread Stafford. The only mention of his acting was Ash being sarcastic, then you turned into posts of why the trio aren't very good actors.

In the twilight thread, which has nothing to do you with Potter, you just decide to mention that DH2 had no battle and wasn't epic even though it had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Just stop, nobody wants to hear you saying that over and over in threads that don't apply.
    I know exactly what you are refering to, but if you would care to have another read through, you would notice that I was responding to a previous comment, made by Richard. As for how I brought up 'Potter' on a totally irrelevant thread; take a look through the 600+ comments, and then tell me that I'm the only one bringing up 'Potter'

Lord Stafford.
    1) Now the entire trio has starred in a music video.
    2) A lot of people are commenting on the lip-syncing. Well, he isn't syncing it to the woman singing, he is syncing it to the man's. It is a lot quieter.
    3) I find it amazing that he did this in a single take. That is awesome! Go Dan!
    Photobucket
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.

On the date Harry Potter was born, the Sun was in Leo and the Moon was in Pisces/Aries. On the date Dan was born, the Sun was in Leo and the Moon was in Pisces/Aries.

All the awards to this woman.

G.G.
    As for how I brought up 'Potter' on a totally irrelevant thread; take a look through the 600+ comments, and then tell me that I'm the only one bringing up 'Potter'

Lord Stafford.
    I think he's referring to you
    bringing up Potter in a negative way.

Which is something you constantly do.
    Especially with the Yates' films.

G.G.
    I don't 'constantly' do anything, other than post. I haven't been 'negative' in quite some time, so, if you can't handle a different point of view, it's best you keep out of any conversation that I'm involved in. If I have something negative to say, I'll say it. I'm the only one, besides Braveheart, who isn't scared to voice an opinion which might or might not be deemed negative.

Lord Stafford.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stafford, you're right. I think I can speak for most of us here when I say that we all have negative opinions that we are just too scared to say. The potential consequences from voicing a negative opinion on an online Harry Potter discussion forum that's overrun by people who seem to think David Yates and his HP films are the best are very scary.
    I don't need sarcasm. Anyone else that I see expressing so called negative opinions usually say stuff like "I'm probably going to have my head chewed off for saying this..." Have you noticed how I don't? I just go about it, without fear of resistance. You need to just accept that some people don't find perfection in everything. Either that, or you can back off.

Lord Stafford.
    So, you're actually saying that
    voicing negative opinions on
    an online Harry Potter forum
    makes you brave? Fearless?

G.G.
    If you choose to create an argument, then so be it. I won't be accepting the blame, or responsibility.

But, to a certain extent, yes. I don't hide my feelings. If I have something to say, whether it be positive or negative, I'll say it. Most of the people I see on here have never shown both sides. Now, because of the way they add "I'll probably get slaughtered for this" I assume they fear a reaction; just like I'm getting a reaction from you. I could have hidden my thoughts, and just act like everybody else, but no, I chose to talk without fearing the impending reaction.

Lord Stafford.
    And, that's only fair. What isn't fair is that I'm the bad guy for being honest. I'll only say that if anyone needs teaching, it certainly isn't me. I'll talk my side, and listen to yours. You'll talk your side, but won't listen to mine. That's the way it's always been.

Lord Stafford.
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    I think everyones gets thrown off and annoyed when the negativity is non stop. I'm not saying you do this Stafford but in general the forum has always made it clear that they don't like something and then they keep saying in about 100 other ways. Where about 10 ways is there arguable point and then the other ways is just repeating the negativity, you know?
    Ever heard of a debate? Well, positivity against negativity is the only way to have a debate. How the hell are you supposed to debate anything, when both sides agree on everything? Plus, the negativity is not 'non stop' In fact, it's very rare. Unless of course you're confused by what 'non stop' means. Let me just tell you that 'non stop' does not mean 'rare'

Lord Stafford.
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Alright come on Stafford. I speak for myself here but I can't get into debates or rather talk to you without you making me feel like the biggest dumbass in the world. I'm smart, I'm in high school, and I know what non stop means .
    Post edited by AllStar87 on
    Not this again. I don't want to say 'I don't mean to' because we all know what I get in return.

'It's just the impression you give off'

Bullshit.

Take it as you want, but don't try to act like I'm the villain in all of this. Keep in mind, though, AllStar, that I'm not talking to you. Rather, I'm talking to all of you.

Lord Stafford.
    I don't 'constantly' do anything, other than post. I haven't been 'negative' in quite some time, so, if you can't handle a different point of view, it's best you keep out of any conversation that I'm involved in. If I have something negative to say, I'll say it. I'm the only one, besides Braveheart, who isn't scared to voice an opinion which might or might not be deemed negative.

Lord Stafford.
    There's a difference. Braveheart makes long post deeply describing each of his opinions in great detail, saying what he think would have worked and gets in depth.

With you it's just "DH2 wasn't epic, that's a fact you can't argue" with no facts or validity behind it.
    Wrong. And that's what you've all been wrong about since you decided to lay into me. I'm one of the few who actually justifies themselves. Sure, Braveheart makes long posts and greatly details what he says, but I share the same thoughts, and often ramble on, proving myself. I'm not one to think 'I'm right, you're wrong' so, stop deluding yourself into believing that I am. You know me better than that.

Lord Stafford.
    Wrong. And that's what you've all been wrong about since you decided to lay into me. I'm one of the few who actually justifies themselves. Sure, Braveheart makes long posts and greatly details what he says, but I share the same thoughts, and often ramble on, proving myself. I'm not one to think 'I'm right, you're wrong' so, stop deluding yourself into believing that I am. You know me better than that.

Lord Stafford.
    No, I really don't. Because you rarely do. Why don't you explain why DH2 isn't epic like you always say but don't explain?
    Why don't you keep to the subject? Were we talking about DH2?

It's not in your rights to decide whether or not what I say is an opinion, or an attack. It's not in mine, so, I don't do it. I'm concluding that it's just the inability to accept another's opinion. Because, if someone came across, and said 'GOF is the best in the series' they'd be in for a ride in hell. That's fair, apparently, as we all know that GOF is shit. As soon as someone voices their displeasure for DH2... well, it's a crime.

Lord Stafford.
    Why don't you keep to the subject? Were we talking about DH2?

It's not in your rights to decide whether or not what I say is an opinion, or an attack. It's not in mine, so, I don't do it. I'm concluding that it's just the inability to accept another's opinion. Because, if someone came across, and said 'GOF is the best in the series' they'd be in for a ride in hell. That's fair, apparently, as we all know that GOF is shit. As soon as someone voices their displeasure for DH2... well, it's a crime.

Lord Stafford.
    False. It's when they don't explain they'd get shit on.
    Don't try and deny anything. I've seen it.

Lord Stafford.
    Don't try and deny anything. I've seen it.

Lord Stafford.
    I am denying it. Because I have never seen it unless that person did not explain.