Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Harry Potter mashes up with Lady Gaga - "Sorted this way"

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,791 mod
edited July 2012 in Movies
The beauty of YouTube and Internet videos these days is that you can take two genres and sub-cultures and mash them up into something that's unique - say, for example, Harry Potter lore with a Lady Gaga video. It's like Fan Fiction, but better than that because it has a video angle to it.

No matter how odd you may think those two sub-cultures are when mashed up, in this video it makes sense. I mean, we never get to see what Hufflepuff is really like, so in the sense of the "Born This Way" video parody, it works.

Like the Star Wars meets Gotye video that I mentioned last week, understanding the parody requires that you know the source material - so in this case you need to know that Hufflepuff is kind of the black sheep of the Hogwarts Houses, and you also need to be familiar with the Lady Gaga song and the video. But I'm sure that's not a problem, right?

Inspired by this video, I need to get back to work on my "Mama's Family" meets Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf" mash-up.

Comments