Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln"

aaronaaron Posts: 20,940 mod
edited August 2012 in Movies
I didn't see a thread for this, but if someone has created it, please link me to it and I'll merge the two. Anywho, the first poster was just released!

That most likely means we're getting a trailer soon!

DreamWorks has announced that the film "will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War." According to Spielberg, Doris Kearns Goodwin's entire book about Lincoln's presidency is "much too big" for a film, and said that the film will focus on the last few months of Lincoln's life, the ending of slavery and the Union victory in the Civil War. Spielberg said that "what permanently ended slavery was the very close vote in the House of Representatives over the 13th Amendment – that story I'm excited to tell." Spielberg plans to show "Lincoln at work, not just Lincoln standing around posing for the history books...arguably the greatest working President in American history doing some of the greatest work for the world."

Screenwriter Tony Kushner has said that he worked on the script for six years and that he was very interested in "the relationship of Lincoln to the abolitionist left" and that Lincoln's "incredible ability to finesse very, very treacherous political circumstances and continue to move the country forward, I mean, to lead the country forward in the midst of the most horrendously difficult period in its history, I think, is breathtaking and awe-inspiring."[10]

Starring:
Daniel Day-Lewis as President Abraham Lincoln
Sally Field as First Lady Mary Todd Lincoln
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Robert Todd Lincoln
Tommy Lee Jones as Radical Republican Congessional leader Thaddeus Stevens
Lee Pace as former Mayor of New York City Fernando Wood
Jackie Earle Haley as Vice President of the Confederate States of America Alexander H. Stephens
John Hawkes as Colonel Robert Latham

Lincoln will be released November 16, 2012 in the USA.
imageimageimage

Comments