Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

2012~ A year of great movies

RichardRichard Posts: 48,635 mod
edited September 2012 in General
I would just like to say that this year, 3 of my favorite movies of all time were released. Titanic was re-released in 3D, The Dark Knight Rises succeeded my expectations and The Hunger Games was a great beginning to a franchise. And there were also some surprises too, like The Cabin in the Woods and Paranorman. Tom Hardy which is a boss ofcourse, was in This Means War, Lawless, and the biggest movie of the summer The Dark Knight Rises. Joseph Gordon Levitt stars in Premium Rush and he will have a small part in the upcoming film Lincoln. It was a superhero summer, what with films like The Amazing Spider-man, The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises it was sure to be a good summer and it wasn't a total dissapointment. All of these superhero movies were pretty damn good, and it has been a great year for movies thus far, but as always there are always some movies that dissapoint. This December brings The Hobbit, which many of us anticipate and for different reasons. I anticipate it because it seems like a great holiday movie and it is a different story from that of The Lord of the Rings. You know it is going to look amazing in the theaters and on Blu ray. We are also getting Life of PI and Lincoln, small movies which seem to have a great story. Pixar is re-releasing Finding Nemo and Monsters inc. in 3D, a prequel to Monsters inc is coming next summer. Although we all experience some trouble with daily happenings, and life, movies to me is an escape from all of those bad things we sometimes go through.

Now I have a few questions for those who are interested:

1.What 3 movies have been your favorite of 2012 that have been released?
2.What movies have you gotten this year on Blu ray or DVD?
3.What movies are you anticipating from now until 2014?
4.If you could only get one Blu ray or DVD from now until the end of the year, which one would you get?
5.Name an Actor and an Actress that you are starting to recently like and why.

Post edited by Richard on

Comments

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The Dark Knight Rises, Cabin in the Woods, The Amazing Spider-Man

2. Cabin in the Woods from this year, numerous others that are random.

3. The Hobbit, TASM2, Man of Steel, Les Miserables, PA4, Texas Chainsaw 3D, Sinister, Anna Karenina, The Hobbit 2&3.

4. The Dark Knight Rises

5. Marion Cotillard and Tom Hardy
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,635 mod

1. The Dark Knight Rises, Cabin in the Woods, The Amazing Spider-Man

2. Cabin in the Woods from this year, numerous others that are random.

3. The Hobbit, TASM2, Man of Steel, Les Miserables, PA4, Texas Chainsaw 3D, Sinister, Anna Karenina, The Hobbit 2&3.

4. The Dark Knight Rises

5. Marion Cotillard and Tom Hardy

Nice so you got Cabin in the Woods today. I rented it from redbox its awesome!

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great topic Rich and totally agree with you, it's been a really wonderful year in terms of film and there's still a lot more to come from this year. :D

The Hunger Games, The Amazing Spiderman and The Dark Knight Rises is probably my top 3 so far.
    Only The Hunger Games
    Wow, there are so many. You have Catching Fire and MockingJay: Part 1 of course. They're most 2 most anticipated. There's too many to name. All the upcoming super hero movies and sequels. Some animation too, mostly Monsters University, can't wait for that. I'm sure there's so many more that I'm really excited for but I can't remember them all
    4.If you could only get one Blu ray or DVD from now until the end of the year, which one would you get?
    Well it depends, I'd get the trilogy box set for the Batman trilogy but technically that is 3 movies. The Amazing Spiderman
    From this year, I'd have to say Jennifer Lawrence. I've got to know her through Katniss Everdeen and because of that I've grown to a massive liking for her, she's terrific. For a male I'd say Ryan Gosling. I've watched a lot of movies of his this year and I reckon he's just amazing too.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,635 mod

Great topic Rich and totally agree with you, it's been a really wonderful year in terms of film and there's still a lot more to come from this year. :D

The Hunger Games, The Amazing Spiderman and The Dark Knight Rises is probably my top 3 so far.
    Only The Hunger Games
    Wow, there are so many. You have Catching Fire and MockingJay: Part 1 of course. They're most 2 most anticipated. There's too many to name. All the upcoming super hero movies and sequels. Some animation too, mostly Monsters University, can't wait for that. I'm sure there's so many more that I'm really excited for but I can't remember them all
    Well it depends, I'd get the trilogy box set for the Batman trilogy but technically that is 3 movies. The Amazing Spiderman
    From this year, I'd have to say Jennifer Lawrence. I've got to know her through Katniss Everdeen and because of that I've grown to a massive liking for her, she's terrific. For a male I'd say Ryan Gosling. I've watched a lot of movies of his this year and I reckon he's just amazing too.

Thanks man! Haha love your answers :)
  • JordyJordy Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭

Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spiderman and The Avengers

The Avengers (but i'll get TASM and TDKR too)

Gravity!

Dark Knight Rises

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    The Hunger Games, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises

The Hunger Games, The Avengers, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk.

Breaking Dawn Part 2, Catching Fire, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy. Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Dark Knight Rises

Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson. Jen is freaking HILARIOUS and Josh is just so nice. And I met him :)
    Post edited by Kranen on
  • JordyJordy Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭
  • For me, it has been a regular/mediocre year at most.
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year ago at this time I would have called you crazy if you said I wouldn't have bothered to buy The Hunger Games DVD when it came out... But I haven't, and I have no interest in getting it right now. Massive popularity pushed me away :(
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."