Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

O.T Ashton Kutcher "Bashed "Twilight Saga Eclipse

PotterFanaticPotterFanatic Posts: 720
edited January 2011 in General
listen in the beginning when Ashton Pronounces the Winner Does he says "Oh God" or "Oh Good " Because He seemed Dissipointed .:)

Comments

• dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭✭
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hear anything, when exactly does he say it?
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe hes saying eclipse....he says twilight saga and maybe after he mumbles eclipse
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,930 mod
    Right after he says "saga" he mumbles something, but there is a huge uproar. I don't even think you can tell whether he is even saying "oh god" OR "oh good." He could be saying anything.
    imageimageimage
    edited January 2011
    maybe hes saying eclipse....he says twilight saga and maybe after he mumbles eclipse
    Yeah, I think he mumbles 'eclipse' not 'oh god'. He does look really disappointed/annoyed, though after the announcement. :D
    Post edited by Jason on
    edited January 2011
    You guys make me laugh so much sometimes. Oh, we hate Twilight so much. But here you are talking about it again. You guys talk about Twilight just as much as you guys talk about HP sometimes. If you guys really hated something that bad, you wouldn't waste your breath on it. But it's like every other post. LOL :-))

TEAM EDWARD!
    Lol, smh. :/

Post edited by Jason on
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭✭
    Well now that u say it maybe he is saying eclipse indeed...but anyway hes pissed!! lol

Harry Potter Gif Pictures, Images and Photos
    Hope you like it!
    You guys make me laugh so much sometimes. Oh, we hate Twilight so much. But here you are talking about it again. You guys talk about Twilight just as much as you guys talk about HP sometimes. If you guys really hated something that bad, you wouldn't waste your breath on it. But it's like every other post. LOL :-))

TEAM EDWARD!
    I'm not denying I don't like Twilight, but no comments on any of this entire thread are Twilight-hating comments.

imageimageimage
  • 50 reasons why you shouldn’t read Twilight,
    1. Bella is a perfect character (“Mary Sue”), which Meyer hides by calling her clumsy.
    2. Being clumsy is not a flaw if Edward always catches her.
    3. She can’t do anything without Edward.
    4. And when he leaves she attempts to commit suicide.
    5. Meyer is living out her own fantasies by writing about Bella, who is clearly herself.
    6. The books aren’t well written, just because every other word is a fancy adjective doesn’t make it good writing.
    7. All the rules Meyer sets for being a vampire are broken by the end of the series.
    8. Not only that, she breaks rules set by more esteemed authors.
    9. The world population will come to an end because all girls who read this book will think they are Bella and will wait for their Edward to come until they are old. And he’ll never come.
    10. Bella almost dies fifty thousand times, but Edward always saves her. This is boring.
    11. Edward is too perfect and has no flaws either. Even vampires should have flaws besides wanting to suck human blood because it’s natural to them.
    12. The reason the books became so popular is because Bella has no personality and any loser can put themselves in her shoes.
    13. If Bella is so ‘plain’, why do so many guys fall for her within the first two chapters?
    14. Bella teaches women to let the man handle everything, which pretty much is a huge step backward for women everywhere, who have fought for equality.
    15. Isn’t it convenient that her father always leaves her alone and doesn’t question her? Real parents aren’t that way.
    16. Lack of character development.
    17. Bella is a useless, whining, doll that suddenly has become the idol for girls everywhere.
    18. People say that Twilight is better than Harry Potter. Guess what? WRONG.
    19. Edward is extremely possessive, border-line abusive, and boring as anything.
    20. It’s too cliché.
    21. This book contains no real sex, so it’s not really a vampire novel.
    22. Read Anne Rice – those are vampires, not the girly men that Meyer has created.
    23. You don’t have to describe the character every two pages, we know all about Edward’s ‘perfectly toned chest’ the fourth time she mentions it.
    24. Bella reflects upon herself through the entire novel to tell important plot developments. Hey Meyer, ever heard of “Show, don’t tell”?
    25. She never uses the word fangs in the entire book series, and it’s supposedly about vampire.
    26. Her vampires sparkle. Enough said.
    27. Supposedly Meyer never uses the word ‘said’ in the entire first book, instead using breath.
    28. There is too much face touching.
    29. It’s predictable, and childish.
    30. We read the entire series just to laugh at the stupidity of it.
    31. Meyer can’t think of original names. The only original name she used was Rennesme, which is combination of two names and doesn’t count.
    32. Vampires can’t get people pregnant. SPOILER!
    33. Vampire baseball was just a disgrace.
    34. People think Meyer is the best writer ever.
    35. The plot drags on forever, when it really could have been completed in two books.
    36. Wow, yet another ‘original’ plot of forbidden love.
    37. Why is it called the Twilight Series if only one book is titled Twilight?
    38. It’s too easy to mock. Go on Youtube, how many mocks on Twilight do you see?
    39. They use a drug reference in a book written for ten-year-olds.
    40. Stephanie Meyer creates some interesting characters ie: Jasper and Alice. She then ignores them, and gives them no development.
    41. Every Other Facebook bumper sticker is about Twilight/Edward. EVERY OTHER ONE.
    42. Fangirls are so blinded by their love for Edward that they don’t realize the book is terrible.
    43. Stephen King agrees that Stephanie Meyer can’t write ‘worth a darn’.
    44. It’s stupid.
    45. Bella.
    46. Bella is Edward’s beard.
    47. Meyer wrote four books about nothing, really.
    48. Straight men sparkle?
    49. It’s teeming with grammatical errors.
    50. Bella Swan means beautiful swan, which is horribly cheesy.
  • You guys make me laugh so much sometimes. Oh, we hate Twilight so much. But here you are talking about it again. You guys talk about Twilight just as much as you guys talk about HP sometimes. If you guys really hated something that bad, you wouldn't waste your breath on it. But it's like every other post. LOL :-))

TEAM EDWARD!
    Have you ever Heard That Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Themselves hate Twilight?

• TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    <blockquote

I believe the 7th statement is saying that Meyer sets all these rules for vampires within her universe, but then she breaks them. A contradiction.
    Post edited by TheDoctor on
    I don't think PotterFanatic created that list himself. But your answers aren't exactly legitimate either. Just putting "wrong" or "basher nonsense" in response, even in places where it doesn't make sense? Tut tut.
    imageimageimage
  • decarusdecarus Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭
    Wizards and magic is different in the HP universe as well.
    Er... why did you quote me like that? I didn't say that. Look... vampires are not real. She can write them however she wants. The fact that she made her own, original vampires is incredibly admirable. Just because the name "vampire" has been around forever, doesn't mean every vampire that follows it should be the same. That is borderline plagiarism.
    I dunno, the quote thing is messed up. But that's not what 7 is saying. It's saying that she contradicted her own fictional universe. It'd be like if wizards could suddenly apparate in Hogwarts even though we've been told repeatedley they can't.

I dunno, the quote thing is messed up. But that's not what 7 is saying. It's saying that she contradicted her own fictional universe. It'd be like if wizards could suddenly apparate in Hogwarts even though we've been told repeatedley they can't.

I'm not so sure she did. What? Pregnancy? This wasn't contradiction. The characters who said it were not knowledgeable about what they discovered in Breaking Dawn.

I don't recall anything besides that that would bring this up.
    I'm not saying whether I think it's a valid statement or not. I was just trying to clarify what is was actually trying to say.
    But other points are fair and valid. Such as some about the characters.
    imageimageimage
  • I don't think PotterFanatic created that list himself. But your answers aren't exactly legitimate either. Just putting "wrong" or "basher nonsense" in response, even in places where it doesn't make sense? Tut tut.
    No I didnt But Let Talk about that Comment The Person Who Wrote it Thought That "Vampires " That Meyer Wrote are not Real to the Others,YEP VAMPIRES ARENT REAL BUT MEYER MADE THEM MORE STUPID AND SO UN UN UN UN UN REAL!!Sparkling,Having Babies,.uh oh

• fhapsfhaps Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    Come on, Fury, you can't say there's character development. I've read them all, and kind of like them, but I can't deny the lack of development.
  • were these actors on drug on this video? They Seem They smoked Some Joint.

I'm not so sure she did. What? Pregnancy? This wasn't contradiction. The characters who said it were not knowledgeable about what they discovered in Breaking Dawn.

------

If a vampire is a dead body which is basically re-animated through 'vampire venom'(am I right with this?), how can they have sex? Especially with a human? I don't care that it's fantasy and she can make whatever she want, but it should at least have some logic behind it.

I mean, Edward is ice cold, which means 'sperm' can't be made(since he was a human, I'm going to guess when he is the living dead in a human body, it will still work in the same way). So how can a Vampire reproduce? Not only that, but a vampire has no blood running through their veins(which is why their body temp is so low), so how can the ----- get hard so it can release the 'load'?

Honestly makes no sense.

• SlanteeSlantee Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice how Rob tries to hold Stewart's hand when they get up and she's too much into Taylor and doesn't even notice so he's like never mind.
  • You guys make me laugh so much sometimes. Oh, we hate Twilight so much. But here you are talking about it again. You guys talk about Twilight just as much as you guys talk about HP sometimes. If you guys really hated something that bad, you wouldn't waste your breath on it. But it's like every other post. LOL :-))

TEAM EDWARD!
    We wait for these moments we wait for justice:)LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER DIE TWILIGHT!

TEAM EDWARD!

We wait for these moments we wait for justice:)LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER DIE TWILIGHT!

Come on man. If you really hated Twilight you wouldn't be talking about it. Some Harry Potter fans think Twilight is like a sin and they don't want that word polluting a Harry Potter site. Keep saying a comment about Twilight good or bad makes it more popular. Remember what Hermione said in Chamber of Secrets, "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself." In movie business it means "Spreading the name only increases the fanbase itself." So your making Twilight more popular. For a series to be popular people must hate it for others to love it. And another thing is how do you know Twilight sucks. Did you prehaps read it, go to the movies to watch it, rent it, visited one of the sites, or search it up. Everything you do involving Twilight is giving money to Stephenie Meyer or Summit Entertainment. So if you really didn't care about it you wouldn't even bother with it.

And yes I agree LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER.

But I'm still a Twihard and Team Edward.
    Ive never Spent Money on "Twilight" I Tried Reading New moon but cant just stopped it was just boring Edwurd or Edward Leaves here and she goes To Jacob Bad Bad Bad Fanfiction the movies also were nominated for Razzies.

• Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,589 mod
    I dont think twilight is all that bad the only thing i HATE is when ppl say its better than HP...
    You are correct Alan 100%

Thanks Rich. I can always count on you. :)
    yeah :D

The books are really bad. The films aren't as bad, but they certainly aren't good.
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

Come on man. If you really hated Twilight you wouldn't be talking about it. Some Harry Potter fans think Twilight is like a sin and they don't want that word polluting a Harry Potter site. Keep saying a comment about Twilight good or bad makes it more popular. Remember what Hermione said in Chamber of Secrets, "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself." In movie business it means "Spreading the name only increases the fanbase itself." So your making Twilight more popular. For a series to be popular people must hate it for others to love it. And another thing is how do you know Twilight sucks. Did you prehaps read it, go to the movies to watch it, rent it, visited one of the sites, or search it up. Everything you do involving Twilight is giving money to Stephenie Meyer or Summit Entertainment. So if you really didn't care about it you wouldn't even bother with it.

And yes I agree LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER.

But I'm still a Twihard and Team Edward.
    Okay, I'm going to
    talk from a critical
    point of view.

First of all-
    BOOKS:
    The Twilight Saga is poorly
    written throughout, and
    fails to create an engaging
    atmosphere with its overuse
    of adjectives and exposure.
    FOR EXAMPLE:
    "He was both dazzling and dazzled."

"He leaned in slowly, the beeping noise accelerated wildly before his lips even touched me. But when they did, though with the most gentle of pressure, the beeping stopped altogether."

"He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare."

"Bring on the shackles, I'm your slave."

MOVIES:
    Looking at the Twilight Saga
    from a cinematic point of view
    is equally excruciating than
    the source material.
    TERRIBLE performances.
    TERRIBLE dialogue/script
    TERRIBLE visuals/effects.
    FOR EXAMPLE:
    ------------>PERFORMANCES

------------->SCRIPT

------------>VISUALS

-----------------------------------------

As you can see, I provided
    several examples and
    presented actual material
    to demonstrate the monstrosity
    that is the Twilight Saga.
    Obviously, you are entitled
    to your opinion and can love
    Twilight all you want.
    I won't judge you.

G.G.

Post edited by GodricGryffindor on
    I actually like the first twilight film a bit. The rest IMO suck. And the books are horrible. But there not as bad as you guys say lol
  • I actually like the first twilight film a bit. The rest IMO suck. And the books are horrible. But there not as bad as you guys say lol
    Our thought is actually Yeah They Suck They Are Really Bad Bad Bad Books And Movies But What irritates its that They think Its better Twilight Is the Best book , And it;s too overexposed....

edited January 2011
    The first movie was so weird..lol. At the beginning, everyone unnaturally LOVES her, yet she treats most of them bad and falls in love with the boy who seems to hate her.

But that's it, we should stop talking about it.
    Post edited by Jason on
    Okay, I'm not going to comment on my opinions of Twilight here, but having just seen New Moon last night, I have come to the conclusion that the Twilight films are crisp, clean and well-directed, but lack technical vision and acting talent. I'm not going to talk about the books.

I don't judge any Twilight fans unless they go overboard with the I HATE HP HP SUCKZ BALLZ FUCK HP TWILIGHT IS THE SHIT!!!! crap. And I certainly don't judge HJP, he's an awesome guy.

I just disagree with you, HJP, about the fact that if we hated Twilight we wouldn't talk about it. That just doesn't make sense. This is a forum, we can talk about a lot of things, good and bad. And I think the discussion is definitely inevitable because sooner or later, Twilight is going to be a sufficient public rival for Harry Potter in terms of quantity, but we all know it lacks in the quality that Potter has. So, of course we'll get jealous that Twilight is a success. Of course we (at least most of us) don't like it. But that can't stop us from taling about it.
    imageimageimage
    So, of course we'll get jealous that Twilight is a success.

--

Honestly I don't get jealous of the success, I just hate the fact that something like that can be so successful and be made like it's the best thing ever.

Well yeah, I mean, in a way we're just jealous of it. How could a series with hardly any quality value just become so randomly successful? And Potter left behind in the dark? It's horrible!
    imageimageimage
  • Okay, I'm not going to comment on my opinions of Twilight here, but having just seen New Moon last night, I have come to the conclusion that the Twilight films are crisp, clean and well-directed, but lack technical vision and acting talent. I'm not going to talk about the books.

I don't judge any Twilight fans unless they go overboard with the I HATE HP HP SUCKZ BALLZ FUCK HP TWILIGHT IS THE SHIT!!!! crap. And I certainly don't judge HJP, he's an awesome guy.

I just disagree with you, HJP, about the fact that if we hated Twilight we wouldn't talk about it. That just doesn't make sense. This is a forum, we can talk about a lot of things, good and bad. And I think the discussion is definitely inevitable because sooner or later, Twilight is going to be a sufficient public rival for Harry Potter in terms of quantity, but we all know it lacks in the quality that Potter has. So, of course we'll get jealous that Twilight is a success. Of course we (at least most of us) don't like it. But that can't stop us from taling about it.
    a guy?and he is Team Edward LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO THen I must Be Team Jacob. HAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Well yeah, I mean, in a way we're just jealous of it. How could a series with hardly any quality value just become so randomly successful? And Potter left behind in the dark? It's horrible!
    It is horrible! :'(
    ^^ It's rare though(not meant to be offensive).

Every guy that I know that watch the movies what them cause everyone else is watching them. Basically they are 'bandwagon fans' that give in to the hype. When I asked some of them what they like about it, they couldn't answer. Lol.

edited January 2011

Yeah I'm a straight guy who loves Twilight and think Bella and Edward should be together. You are not funny. Your being a little kid. I have stated why I like Twilight. And you know a guy can be straight and love Twilight. So shut it.

Oh, I completely understand that. And yes, PotterFanatic does have a way of handling things immaturely and childish, while I, 17, am attempting to take this in a more adult discussion.

I think it was a little predictable--I mean the facts Stephenie set about Bella and Edward's love in Twilight made me think she would never ever choose Jacob in the next two, no matter how nice and fun he was. And I guess I was content that they did end up together, but Jacob's story was totally tied up wrong. And with a story like this, you never could tie his story up well enough unless he ended up with Bella. So it seems like Meyer panicked at the last minute, thought of all the people Jacob could end up with, and picked Bella's child because she thought it would be a shocking plot twist. And it was, but after you give it enough thought, it just seemed plain stupid.
    Post edited by aaron on
    imageimageimage
  • Well yeah, I mean, in a way we're just jealous of it. How could a series with hardly any quality value just become so randomly successful? And Potter left behind in the dark? It's horrible!

Aaron look man, she never intended to publish. It was just a dream that turned into a novel. Her sister, Emily begged her to publish it. So in about six months after she finished it, it was accepted for publishing. Fans are the reason it's so big. She didn't even think it was going to be big. It was just something that was personal to her.
    what about The Phedophil Jacob Doesnt He Tries to imprint Their Daughter That Just nasty ,
    edited January 2011
    Here's an answer to a question a lot of you ask:

Why do all the guys at Forks High like Bella if she's supposed to be average-looking? Is she pretty or not?

Some parts of Bella's experiences are modeled after real life (my life, to be exact) in order to ground the fantasy aspects of the story in solid reality. Ironically, many of the details that are one hundred percent reality are the ones that are called into question the most (as illustrated by some of my angry Amazon reviews). In this particular case, I modeled Bella's move to Forks after my real life move from high school to college. (Personal story alert!) I mentioned in my bio that I went to a high school in Scottsdale, AZ, which is Arizona's version of Beverly Hills (picture the high school in the movie Clueless). In high school, I was a mousy, A-track wall-flower. I had a lot of incredible girlfriends, but I wasn't much sought after by the Y chromosomes, if you know what I mean. Then I went to college in Provo, Utah. Let me tell you, my stock went through the roof. See, beauty is a lot more subjective than you might think. In Scottsdale, surrounded by barbies, I was about a five. In Provo, surrounded by normal people, I was more like an eight. I had dates every weekend with lots of really pretty and intelligent boys (some of whose names end up in my books). It was quite confusing at first, because I knew there was nothing different about me. (Side note: don't ever let anyone tell you that high school is supposed to be fun. High school is to be endured. College is fun.)

Back to Bella. Here's a short excerpt from a character study I did recently (I wrote the first chapter of Twilight from Edward's point of view; it turned out really cool, and, eventually, Midnight Sun will be published so that everyone can read it.), which shows Bella's first day a school as seen by Edward's mind-reading perspective. It explains the excitement over her arrival:

Today, all thoughts were consumed with the trivial drama of a new addition to the small student body here. It took so little to work them all up. I'd seen the new face repeated in thought after thought from every angle. Just an ordinary human girl. The excitement over her arrival was tiresomely predictable—like flashing a shiny object at a child. Half the sheep-like males were already imagining themselves in love with her, just because she was something new to look at.

(I found it on Stephenie Meyer's Site.)
    (This is not direct to you, but to this situation. Also I just got this from a blog that reviews the book cause it couldn't be said any better).

"Do you remember your first day at a new school?

It was usually embarrassing, humiliating, awkward, and a complete disaster. Now, I'm willing to admit that it's perfectly fine that people have pleasant experiences the first day they spend at a new school. I certainly never had anything close to a nightmare, but I'll tell you what I did not experience: a completely accepting, loving, and overly cheery community.

As Bella spends her first week at Forks High School, she's treated with respect, kindness, and a bizarre amount of adoration. In fact, I can't even think of a better word to describe Meyer's bizarre set-up for Bella: adoration. Everyone absolutely loves her. People want to immediately become friends with her; she's hit on multiple times; she even gains an instant admirer in the form of a kid named Mike, who Bella constantly demeans by assuming he's nothing but a creepy pseudo-stalker."

That all sounds completely unrealistic. The guy goes on and says that Bella is just creepy the way she treats the people.

"In the beginning of the chapter, Bella admits what's going fine in her life (no rain, not much awkward interaction at school, being the object of Mike's affection), but then immediately launches into her already-signature whining. The ultimate complaint in her list of why her life is getting worse?

Edward Cullen did not show up to her second day of school.

Let me get this straight: A super hot douchebag who blew you off the previous day, was physically repulsed by your presence, and who also requested to move to any biology class that didn't have you in it is now occupying your thoughts? It took you just 24 hours to fall so madly in love with him that, when you do finally see him the next week, your body has an adverse physical reaction to him?

What the hell, Stephanie Meyer?"

So yeah, basically what I think of this situation. :D
    Post edited by Jason on
    edited January 2011
    ^Exactly. There is a lot of unrealism in the books and films like that (discluding the fantasy aspect) about everyday life and love and such. And I don't think it was necessarily meant to be conveyed that way, just the awkward writing and characters and such and need for a plot...it just doesn't work.
    Post edited by aaron on
    imageimageimage