Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The Avengers - Official Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least, we all know, I think, that quality has nothing to do with BO
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,940 mod
    Lmao...it's funny how when Potter comes out everybody's all like "it has to beat a billion," "Yes Potter rules at the box office," "we have to beat this film next weekend," blah blah blah, and when one film comes along to throw Potter out of the #3 seat, it's "box office means nothing, stop caring about it." Of course box office does not equal quality, but that doesn't mean we have to stop caring about it or following it.
    imageimageimage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only comments I ever posted about Box Office is that The Avengers, quality-wise, does not deserve to be at a spot so high. But whatever. I don't give a shit anyways.

If you care and follow, congratulations to you. I'm applauding.
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compromise: Box office is fun to measure and observe, but it has zero reflection on a film's quality.
    Compromise: Box office is fun to measure and observe, but it has zero reflection on a film's quality.
    Good.
    imageimageimage
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,334 mod
    edited June 2012
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90947

Marvel's The Avengers added another $5.7 million domestically on Friday to push its North American total to $538.1 million, surpassing The Dark Knight ($533.3 million) for the third spot on the all-time domestic box office list and trailing only James Cameron's Titanic ($658.5 million) and Avatar ($760.5 million).

Worldwide, "The Avengers" also climbed to the third spot on the all-time list, surpassing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 ($1.328 billion). "The Avengers" has earned $1.331 billion globally and trails Titanic ($2.185 billion) and Avatar ($2.782 billion) on that list as well. "The Avengers" will remain in the third spot because second place is now out of reach for the film.
    Post edited by Isaiah on
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,607 mod
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Oh calm down, it was bound to happen eventually.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it takes one fucking movie to pass a 10 year saga. what the fuck
    At least its still in the top 5, stop freaking out. Its still cool :)

Im a big Potter fan as much as the next guy but this was coming.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    MY POINT EXACTLY.

AND AVENGERS WASNT EVEN A FINALE.

MY POINT EXACTLY.

AND AVENGERS WASNT EVEN A FINALE.
    Well it appealed to more audiences.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Audiences these days, need to refresh their minds.
    Why because they didnt like DH2 over Avengers?
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,801 mod
    I guarantee that DH2 had more depth than any one dimensional white gangbang marvel flick bahahaha people just don't have taste

And guys it's not that big of a deal lol whoopity doo haha it's just money haha

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that Avengers is more likeable, it's that it's more accessible. Anyone can see it who hasn't seen any marvel, and it's just a "lets recline my chair and have fun" movie. Plus 3-d.

DH2 isn't that. It's a emotional wrecking ball that'll take 10 years of heart wrenching drama and fantastic filmaking and put it all up for one finale that's going to eat your heart and spit it out.

• TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avengers grossed more because it was more universally appealing and was mostly action lol

I guarantee that DH2 had more depth than any one dimensional white gangbang marvel flick bahahaha people just don't have taste
    Yes but think about the audiences folks that didnt sit around watching all seven films before hand, not everyone in the world likes Harry Potter, not all audience members knew what was going on like we did, some folks, even some friends of mine came in around the six film and didnt know what was going on and didnt want to go back and watch the other films.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes but think about the audiences folks that didnt sit around watching all seven films before hand, not everyone in the world likes Harry Potter, not all audience members knew what was going on like we did, some folks, even some friends of mine came in around the six film and didnt know what was going on and didnt want to go back and watch the other films.

That's what I was thinking but too lazy to type lol I'm at A funeral thingy so I'm trying to pass the time but don't wanna be too consumed in mah fone haha :P

That's what I was thinking but too lazy to type lol I'm at A funeral thingy so I'm trying to pass the time but don't wanna be too consumed in mah fone haha :P

Lol. But you get what im saying. Harry Potter didnt appeal to almost every audience, thats how the Avengers did, my mom knew about Thor and Captain America when she was growing up and she's 82 yrs old and she even loves Thor now.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    The Avenger's offers richly drawn characters, breathtaking action, intelligent writing, and is overall a MARVELous cinema going experience. Deathly Hallows was about a boy with a stick casting spells. So yeah, no surprise imo.
    Post edited by Ash on
    The Avenger's offers richly drawn characters, breathtaking action, intelligent writing, and is overall a MARVELous cinema going experience. Deathly Hallows was about a boy with a stick casting spells. So yeah, no surprise imo.
    Bahahahahahaha oh lawds

Lol. But you get what im saying. Harry Potter didnt appeal to almost every audience, thats how the Avengers did, my mom knew about Thor and Captain America when she was growing up and she's 82 yrs old and she even loves Thor now.
    That's the same thing I was thinking. I think that's also why I still haven't seen The Avengers because I don't like marvel characters other than Xmen. I'm a DC fanboy all the way haha

edited June 2012

That's the same thing I was thinking. I think that's also why I still haven't seen The Avengers because I don't like marvel characters other than Xmen. I'm a DC fanboy all the way haha
    Lol, so am I to an extent. The Green Lantern movie was horrible to me and so was Superman Returns but when it comes to TDKR, I love DC.
    But with Marvel, its has my favorite characters, The Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and many more.
    Post edited by Isaiah on
    Photobucket

Photobucket

You never dissapoint.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was bound to happen sure... But from this? Unexpected.

The reign of supremacy won't last long... Hype for TDKR is on its way to new levels in history.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Sorely disappointing. I'd at least liked the film to surpass Potter to have been actually a good movie.
    imageimageimage
    Sorely disappointing. I'd at least liked the film to surpass Potter to have been actually a good movie.
    Good thing it was.
    God forbid people have fun and enjoy a film without looking at it with anal vision. I'm kinda getting tired of all the "omgee Avengers is poopy go TDK cuz thats actual cinema and Avengers is poop thrown together with piss and made into a shit pee sandwich" -.-
    God forbid people have fun and enjoy a film without looking at it with anal vision. I'm kinda getting tired of all the "omgee Avengers is poopy go TDK cuz thats actual cinema and Avengers is poop thrown together with piss and made into a shit pee sandwich" -.-
    Whatever makes you sleep at night bud :)

Bahahahahahahahhahaha

I'm just tired of people calling out Avengers for being a bad movie when it's fun and enjoyable. It's like everyone's vaginas tightened, loll. Sit back and relax and enjoy something, loll. It's fine if you dislike, but this thread is just loaded with "oh avengers = poop." "oh it passed Potter? god its so poopy, i wish something with quality passed potter that wasnt shit!" It's like, we get it: you don't like it. You don't need to flood the thread with the same comments over and over again.
    I'm just tired of people calling out Avengers for being a bad movie when it's fun and enjoyable. It's like everyone's vaginas tightened, loll. Sit back and relax and enjoy something, loll. It's fine if you dislike, but this thread is just loaded with "oh avengers = poop." "oh it passed Potter? god its so poopy, i wish something with quality passed potter that wasnt shit!" It's like, we get it: you don't like it. You don't need to flood the thread with the same comments over and over again.
    Lmfao now you know when I hear about TDK in the batman thread. bahahahahaha :P

loll, cmon you KNOW that thread is filled with love and hype for TDKR. I say one thing, one comment, about the ending of TDK and you be calling me out boi?

i aint having it

loll, cmon you KNOW that thread is filled with love and hype for TDKR. I say one thing, one comment, about the ending of TDK and you be calling me out boi?

i aint having it
    Nigga! If I find all the times your mentioned TDK on this poop forum it would outnumber pootergooses posts bahahaha but I dont have time fo that and I don't wanna be a dick lol I've already made a comment lol. Nigga palease haha. I might be tipsy but you know what I love that word niggy haha

Avengers was good and entertaining and Im buying it on blu ray but its NO WHERE NEAR POTTER LOL.

i aint having it

Nigga! If I find all the times your mentioned TDK on this poop forum it would outnumber pootergooses posts bahahaha but I dont have time fo that and I don't wanna be a dick lol I've already made a comment lol. Nigga palease haha. I might be tipsy but you know what I love that word niggy haha
    I haven't thought IN A LONG TIME! I barely mentioned it in the batman thread, loll, calm yo panties.

i aint having it

I haven't thought IN A LONG TIME! I barely mentioned it in the batman thread, loll, calm yo panties.
    Nigga im chilled!

i aint having it

lolol
    edited June 2012
    @ryguy

I fucking did it. I went through all fucking 66 pages of tdkr thread because i have a lift and the only time I said poopy things was just recently about the ending.

Post edited by Richard on
    loll Rich, why'd u edit it? and what exactly did u edit haha im confused :p
    I tried to fix your pic but it doesnt work.

its the link I have up there so..
    Avengers was mildly enjoyable, but nowhere good enough to make it surpassing DH2 at the B.O. seem "fair" in my eyes. Then again, none of that matters when it comes to box office. But other films in there were really miraculous to behold upon first viewings. Films like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Titanic, Avatar...they were more than films (even after repeat viewings and dissections, they've lost flavor or whatnot)...they were spectacles. Avengers was enjoyable but nothing like that. What a shame all those audiences saw it, for even its mindlessness enjoyment wasn't enough to redeem the film, nor should it be enough to rank it that high at the all-time box office.
    imageimageimage
    Avengers was mildly enjoyable, but nowhere good enough to make it surpassing DH2 at the B.O. seem "fair" in my eyes. Then again, none of that matters when it comes to box office. But other films in there were really miraculous to behold upon first viewings. Films like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Titanic, Avatar...they were more than films (even after repeat viewings and dissections, they've lost flavor or whatnot)...they were spectacles. Avengers was enjoyable but nothing like that. What a shame all those audiences saw it, for even its mindlessness enjoyment wasn't enough to redeem the film, nor should it be enough to rank it that high at the all-time box office.
    \m/
    Except box office isn't a level of quality, so there shouldn't be anything to get worked up about. If it was put on like IMDB 250 above a lot, then yeah, go ahead and say IMDB people are nuts, cuz I'd agree. But box office isn't about quality, so I really don't see at all why it matters.