Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 CONCEPT ART

12346»

Comments

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 25,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar or not... we both know that i am not biased towards Newell. I have never said that i favour him over Yates. Though, i'd like to see some firm evidence that i have done so.

Lord Stafford.

An old thread comes to mind, but I don't feel like dragging forever through either your comments or mine, so let's just leave it at this :p
    Fine, but i'm not going to back down or believe this if i am not provided with solid evidence and therefore a confirmation.

Lord Stafford.
    The world or nothing.

Whatever it takes... survive.

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar or not... we both know that i am not biased towards Newell. I have never said that i favour him over Yates. Though, i'd like to see some firm evidence that i have done so.

Lord Stafford.

An old thread comes to mind, but I don't feel like dragging forever through either your comments or mine, so let's just leave it at this :p

Fine, but i'm not going to back down or believe this if i am not provided with solid evidence and therefore a confirmation.

Lord Stafford.
    Understandable, that's why I'm leaving it at that. Who knows how long I could be scrolling for? :p
  • I do think it's quite sad that the best kiss in the series was a vision that didn't properly happen. Would it have been so hard to put similar passion into the other kisses? Harry and Ginny's first kiss was ridiculous - that little peck? Ha! But then their in kiss in Part 1 was so lacking in any kind of emotion or sexual tension that it was really very surgical and clinical. The complete void of emotion and passion made me feel sick watching it. Their kiss in Part 2 was again and passionless peck. Ron and Hermione's kiss in Part 2 looked as if it would actually be quite good from a different angle, but the fact that we couldn't see it ruined it, and the way they moved in to each other seemed awkward - the idea of Hermione pouncing on Ron and passionately mauling his face sounds as if it would have been a much better take to go with, and so I cannot fathom why they decided not to show the kiss properly. The Lavender kisses were alright, nothing special, but nothing really bad either, at least they looked quite passionate, though again heads seemed to block everything.

I quite liked Harry and Cho's kiss though. At least that wasn't over in a second or two. It was protracted and a little awkward, but that's OK because it's Harry's first kiss so he'd hardly be a pro. It's a bit weird that that was the first kiss in the series and the only one to last longer than a couple of seconds.
    I agree.
    Harry and Ginny's kisses particularly disappointed me :\ They were just... boring
    Photobucket
  • Marie_AnetteMarie_Anette Posts: 3,506
    edited September 2011
    triple post sorry :|
    Post edited by Marie_Anette on
    Photobucket

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Understandable, that's why I'm leaving it at that. Who knows how long I could be scrolling for? :p
    Exactly.

Lord Stafford.
    The world or nothing.

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

Now, you have either never been in that position or you are blind, because there was sexual tension... and it was because of their groupie, Kloves.

Lord Stafford.

Now this is where it starts to get annoying, where you pretend that your opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is an idiot.

Did you notice Harry's eyes as he took her necklace off? Did you see their small moment of interaction at the conclusion of the dance? Kloves is a Harry and Hermione shipper, and he makes something like that up between them... i'm sorry, but it is true. It's Kloves moment of shipping glory. That's why he was constantly giving Ron little to do, and little to say other than crappy comedy. Kloves doesn't like Ron, and Hermione is his favourite character... it all goes to show.

Lord Stafford.
    It's even worst in the script. Harry thinks about Hermione being really beautiful. In several moments, they have intimal touches between them. In the film those moments are cut and thanks to Yates, there's more Ron/Hermione moments, like the piano and throwing rocks scenes which weren't on the script. Same thing in DH2, Yates asked Rupert and Emma to improvise something and they added the part after Neville kills Nagini and Ron and Hermione are hugging each other. Dan had the idea of a Harry/Ginny kiss during the Battle of Hogwarts. There was no kiss in the script. It's sad how the cast and crew had to cover Kloves's fuck ups.
    I loved the dance scene. It's incredibly touching and the song choice by Yates was spectacular.
  • BraveheartBraveheart Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I loved the dance scene. It's incredibly touching and the song choice by Yates was spectacular.
    The song choice was very inspired. I think the song is what makes the scene. With any other song I think it would be horrible. Emma played her part well in that scene and stayed true to her character, which is more than can be said for Radcliffe's weird sexual vibes. It's like him and Yates were going for the creepy Uncle Harry vibe, trying to prey on his innocent niece. I hate how creepily sexual Radcliffe is in that scene. The stares he gives Hermione are just UGH.

The song choice was very inspired. I think the song is what makes the scene. With any other song I think it would be horrible. Emma played her part well in that scene and stayed true to her character, which is more than can be said for Radcliffe's weird sexual vibes. It's like him and Yates were going for the creepy Uncle Harry vibe, trying to prey on his innocent niece. I hate how creepily sexual Radcliffe is in that scene. The stares he gives Hermione are just UGH.
    I don't see anything wrong with it.
    edited September 2011
    Dan basically looks as if he wants in Emma's pants in that scene. Emma however stays true to her character while Dan is giving long creepy glances. And at the end he makes a really subtle move as if to kiss her.
    Post edited by Braveheart on
    Dan basically looks as if he wants in Emma's pants in that scene. Emma however stays true to her character while Dan is giving long creepy glances. And at the end he makes a really subtle move as if to kiss her.
    I see it as not a motion to kiss her, as he is standing quite still, but understanding that the moment has passed.
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I see there are so many romantic people- such a big disscusion only for the kiss :))
    Am I really the only one who don´t care so much about the kisses in HP films? :)
    Post edited by seamus on
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    I see there are so many romantic people- such a big disscusion only for the kiss :))
    Am I really the only one who don´t care so much about the kisses in HP films? :)
    Your not the only one. I never had anticipated the kisses, I wasn't looking forward to them in the earlier films. But for some reason Ron and Hermione kiss was something I was very excited for. I think because it actually really really mattered. Not saying Harry and Ginnys first wasnt but R/H was so hyped and it lived up to expectations. Yes, it could have been better but I like it.

I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Of course you don't, since when have you seen anything as being wrong? The song choice is what makes the scene like Braveheart says, but the song wasn't even released until 2004, so to an extent... it shouldn't have appeared.

Lord Stafford.
    The world or nothing.

• MattCatMattCat Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    The films aren’t set in the 90’s like the books. This was pretty much from the get go in PS since the newspapers were all dated 2001, so I guess that scene would take place in 2007.
    I never noticed a fault in time for any of them, other than in OOTP when they are in the Gryffindor common room listening to music. When a bridge that collapses in HBP doesn't exist at that time, and in Part 1 with the dance song.

Lord Stafford.
    The world or nothing.

Still, according to the script, the story it's on the 80.
  • JasonJason Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I found these images and didn't feel like creating a new thread. :)

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Post edited by Jason on
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • CarneCarne Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭✭
    man I loved the film! But when I watch these I feel terribly sad and frustrated!! :(
    Hope you like it!
    And people says that they aren't faithful to the books, if they look out each detail of them.
    What does that mean? Having alot of detail doesn't mean that you're being faithful.

Lord Stafford.
    The world or nothing.

edited January 2012