Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

New SET REPORT

journ1journ1 Posts: 30
edited October 2009 in General
-I got a sneak peak at some new set designs today, The art work for Muggleborn Registration comission is epic. Its a HUGE dome that is tiled just like the Ministry atrium, on one wall is a massive stone mural depicting Wizards power over Muggles. The floor is rocky and uneven a bit like the set for the Veil wth a huge courtroom style stand were Umbridge sits. Theres a round hole in the roof that bathes an interogation chair in light. Its a very intense set. You will apparently be able to hear muggle trains pass by as its so close to the underground.

- Nevile vs Nagini looks amazing, Molly vs Bellatrix animatic reminded me of the moment Ripley confronts the Alien Queen in Aliens.

-I also saw a test for the ageing CGI for the Epilogue and it really works. The result is astounding, you could sware Dan was 40 odd.

Comments

• rabastanrabastan Posts: 403
    (from HP4U.co.uk)

The Wedding.

Part 1

No two weddings are ever alike; and each it seems comes rife with its own intrigue and personality. This most recent wedding I attended was certainly no exception, and I’m sure anyone who’s ever attended a Wizarding wedding can attest, though I suppose there are few of you who’'ve had such a pleasure.

You see, I was fortunate enough to magically receive a special invite to witness the wedding scene from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie (which will actually come in two parts, unlike the previous films which crammed the events of the books into a single film), as it was being filmed live at Leavesden Film Studios. For anyone who’s read the book already (and I’m assuming that’s most of you), you’ll know that this is the wedding scene for Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour.

The film studio is on the site of an old car factory and aerodrome, and is absolutely massive. I’m always awed upon arrival at the set, at just how utterly and truly the place had been transformed into Harry’s world (save of course for the random cameras and trailers which dotted the landscape).

The wedding tent located at the ‘Burrows’ was awe inspiring in its own right, surrounded as it was by a field of corn grass, with lights twinkling off the water in the distance. As I approached the tent there were many different scenes laid out before me. Guests were lined up outside, being greeted as they entered the tent by numerous members of both families, including the stunning bride herself.

Fleur (played by French actress Clemence Poesy) was radiant in a sleeveless cream dress that rolled off her like velvet waves onto the floor beneath her. On the front of the dress, embroidered in black lace were the images of two phoenixes which are just stunning and the reverse of the dress is equally as wonderful, of which, I might just show you a photo or two before the film is released!

Her husband-to-be, Bill Weasley (Domhnall Gleeson) is a contrast of colors, with his trademark fiery Weasley hair, and a deep claret velvet jacket. One of his most striking features though are the claw marks deeply etched across his face. What could’ve happened to poor Bill? Though I’m sure many of you already know the answer, I won’t spoil it for those who don’t.

Following the guests into the tent were the 5 bridesmaids, all with glowing smiles of delight plastered on their faces, and exquisite dresses draped over their bodies, four of silver, and one of blue (the maid of honour perhaps). They shook hands with the Weasley’s as they made their way toward the bride near the tent’s entrance, and once there, they kissed and hugged the bride with excitement, all of them being close friends as it were.

The Weasley boys were of course quite interested in the bridesmaids, whispering amongst themselves and eyeing up the ladies approvingly. One of them had bandages wrapped around his head, indicating he had likely been in a recent battle and come out worse for wear. Adding to his chagrin was the fact that Ron had drawn a fake ear on the bandage, in place of where the real one would otherwise have been jutting up into the air.

I next got a sneaky glimpse into the tent itself, which featured numerous guests seated around purple and lilac tables. The tables were covered in delicious fruits and cakes, each different from the next, but all exotic and mouth-watering – sadly made of latex so they don’t disappear ;-). Not to be outdone by any of the table delights however was the wedding cake, which stood a good five feet tall and a good four tiers high, covered with lilac icing, it was a wondrous sight. As it was a magical cake, bereft of calories, it would also be guilt-free to eat as many mouth-watering pieces of it as you liked. We’ll have to wait with bated breath for the real deal in the Muggle world.

As the tent filled up with guests, Molly rushed back and forth, greeting them all in turn, and assuring they were all properly seated and comfortable. Once things inside the tent had settled down some, music began to play, and the festivities were about to begin in earnest.

First out to the dance floor was the wedding couple, followed by duos of other guests, each gracefully swinging to and fro across the dance floor. Everyone clapped and urged the dancers on, and all enjoyed themselves immensely.
    AURORGHOST65

"No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do lives in us forever.
    So whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" -J.K Rowling.
    edited October 2009
    At this time I spotted Hagrid off to one side with none other than Madame Maxine, surely one of the few women in Harry’s world or any other who can give Hagrid a run for his money size-wise. She had on a lengthy blue dress and wore a blue leaf tiara in her hair. Even Hagrid is looking rather unscruffy to celebrate this fine occasion, his hair combed straight, though still rather unkempt, and attired in a brown woolen jacket that he likely put together himself. He’s holding a glass of champagne in one hand, and looking both awkward and unmistakably cool, as only Hagrid can.

..continues at http://hp4u.co.uk/Exclusive HP4U reports/WeddingReport.htm
    Post edited by rabastan on
    AURORGHOST65

"No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do lives in us forever.
    So whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" -J.K Rowling.
    edited October 2009
    Post edited by rabastan on
    AURORGHOST65

• cool......................lucky you..................did you get to meet any of them?.........................
  • xeraphxeraph Posts: 102
    Thanks journ1 and rabastan! Those were great posts! Keep 'em coming if you got any more info or news!
  • lupinshowllupinshowl Posts: 369
    edited October 2009
    [quote=rabastan]One of his most striking features though are the claw marks deeply etched across his face. What could’ve happened to poor Bill?[/quote]
    ..................wtf?..................why are they gonna have Bills face messed up when Bill was never in the Half Blood Prince movie..............he was never attacked by Greyback..............cause there was no order of the phoenix there to get in the deatheaters way...................wtf?..........just leave his face unharmed then.....................see how fu%ked up the writer,director, and producer made it................

I still enjoyed the films..................but they fu%ked up......................
    Post edited by lupinshowl on
  • Wilbo421Wilbo421 Posts: 1,157
    edited October 2009
    [quote=lupinshowl]..................wtf?..................why are they gonna have Bills face messed up when Bill was never in the Half Blood Prince movie..............he was never attacked by Greyback..............cause there was no order of the phoenix there to get in the deatheaters way...................wtf?..........just leave his face unharmed then.....................see how fu%ked up the writer,director, and producer made it................

I still enjoyed the films..................but they fu%ked up......................[/quote]

Hmm, yes, because acting like things are going on outside of what we're being shown and outside the circles of characters whose stories we follow is clearly a bad thing. Damn that realism.
    Post edited by Wilbo421 on
  • ^^^^^you trying to be smart or something?...................
    [quote=lupinshowl]you trying to be smart or something?.......[/quote]

I'm trying to show that acting like things are going on outside of the story we are watching only adds to the story, it doesn't take away from it. We don't have to see Bill get attacked for his scars to make sense. He doesn't have to have been attacked the same way he was in the book of the HBP, it is only the scars that matter and what caused them. Not the situation in which he got them.
    edited October 2009
    [quote=Wilbo421]He doesn't have to have been attacked the same way he was in the book of the HBP, it is only the scars that matter and what caused them. Not the situation in which he got them.[/quote]
    .............yeah........maybe he got them while using a spell to shave............and instead it messed up his face..................why bother even messing up his face when it never happened in the films.............might as well just leave his face clean of scars..............
    edited October 2009
    [quote=lupinshowl]why bother even messing up his face when it never happened in the films.............might as well just leave his face clean of scars..............[/quote]

Better question: Why bother even replying if your not going to read what I write?
    edited October 2009
    I did read what you wrote.............I don't agree..............if I don't agree with you does that make me wrong.....................
    edited October 2009
    [quote=lupinshowl]I did read what you wrote.............I don't agree[/quote]

Well then the way to go about that is saying you don't agree and acknowledging what I said. There's no point just repeating what you said in the first place, you're going to get the exact same answer out of me as the first time you said it.

To actually have a conversation or a debate with someone, you need to develop what you're saying and develop your arguments to adjust to what the other person has said and reply to them. Serious conversations in real life don't go:

Person A: I think this book is rubbish.
    Person B: I don't think it is. I like it for this reason and that reason.
    Person A: lol, I think this book is rubbish
  • ..............dang dude, what ever you are smoking tell me................so that I never get it...............you are too uptight...............you need to loosen up....................you remind me of that fat guy that owns the comic book store in the simpsons cartoon...............blah blah blah............I don't care what you say cause you don't care what I say...............blah blah blah..............learn to have some fun and be human............geez................
  • ............and I guess I am wrong and will always be wrong.................for not agreeing with you..............(sarcasm there by the way)............
    [quote=lupinshowl]..............dang dude, what ever you are smoking tell me................so that I never get it...............you are too uptight[/quote]

Since when would smoking something make you too uptight? The opposite of that, maybe...

A) Where does having fun and being human come into a conversation about whether Bill having scars is a good idea or not?
    B) I haven't said you're wrong.

But you're right. Why the hell should anyone give a crap what you say and show you any respect if you don't do that for other people. That's what this is about, not me trying to beat down your ideas.

And sure, I should learn to have fun. I'll do that as soon as you stop acting like a kid who gets easily distracted by shiny things.

Btw, are full stops fun? Is that why you use so many?
  • [quote=sectumsempra08]wilbo. i love you =)[/quote]
    ...............I can see you're gay for him..................wilbo...........be careful I think you got a stalker...............
    [quote=Wilbo421]Since when would smoking something make you too uptight?[/quote]
    ...............don't know............that's why I asked you...........so I won't make the mistake of getting the same thing................
    [quote=Wilbo421]I'll do that as soon as you stop acting like a kid who gets easily distracted by shiny things.[/quote]
    ........I like shiny things................shiny shiny things..............I'm sorry I lost track of what we were talking about...................shiny things made me lose my focus...................you know...........me and shiny things.............
  • ...............oh and wilbo...........I'm surprised you knew that the letter B came after the letter A.............but guess I shouldn't be surprised.......you know everything..................remember C comes next after B.............shiny shiny things.............I just love shiny things..............sorry what were we discussing again?..............................shiny!..............
  • oh look wilbo and sectumsempra08..............you guys just spammed..............you jacked this thread by not discussing what the topic was about...................
  • SPEWSPEW Posts: 15
    Nice journ1! I can't wait for this movie to come out!!! And though I may be new here, may I suggest that you boys find another place for your little disagreements? I am not trying to be rude or anything, but you guys just trashed journ1's thread here.