Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The Official News Thread

Comments

• Pensieve SeekerPensieve Seeker Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭
    And this went on for all this time without anyone pointing it out to them? (Of course, if I had resided in that town, it wouldn't have taken nine years, mind you.)

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Pottermore user name: SilverQuest212
  • SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭✭
    Those pesky kindergarteners need to shape-up their spelling skills..
    Photobucket
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,801 mod

And this went on for all this time without anyone pointing it out to them? (Of course, if I had resided in that town, it wouldn't have taken nine years, mind you.)

LOLOLOL! hahaha omg that just made my night hahaha.

I just cannot believe that nobody noticed it in 9 years! I would love to see the test scores of that school and see if that intelligence is passed onto the student body. I just can't wrap my mind around this lasting for nine years. lol

No. What happened, @aaron ?
    Wow...What an asshole. He just keep continuing to look like more of a jackass each week lol

As for this, I am sure the Democrats will spin it in ads and also make him look like a bully when he worked for Bain Capitol, destroying companies like DDI, Dade Berhing, and my personal favorite KB Toys which used to stock the best and rarest Potter goodies, which is why this election gets a bit personal...bahahahahahaha :P
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/story/2012-05-08/maya-apocalypse-calendar-2012/54879760/1

The world is not ending this year. Mayan calendar reaching 3500 is discovered..
    FINALLY! YES! hahahaha I am so sick of hearing about the world ending lol. Thank you so much for posting this Sarah hahaha

Oh my goodness I love this woman hahahaha

Hahahahaha! She is hilarious!

And no problem, Ry.
    Photobucket
    edited May 2012
    Just in case you hadn't heard...
    Police found 49 mutilated bodies scattered in a pool of blood near the border with the U.S., a region where Mexico's two dominant drug cartels are trying to outdo each other in bloodshed while warring over smuggling routes.

The bodies of 43 men and six women with their heads, hands and feet chopped off were dumped at the entrance to the town of San Juan, on a highway that connects the industrial city of Monterrey with Reynosa, across from McAllen, Texas.

At the spot where authorities discovered the bodies before dawn Sunday, a white stone arch that normally welcomes visitors to the town was spray-painted with "100% Zeta" in black letters -- an apparent reference to the fearsome Zetas drug cartel that was founded by deserters from the Mexican army's special forces.

The bodies, some of them in plastic garbage bags, were most likely brought to the spot and dropped from the back of a dump truck, Nuevo Leon state security spokesman Jorge Domene said.
    Domene said the dead would be hard to identify because of the lack of heads, hands and feet. The remains were taken to a Monterrey auditorium for DNA tests.

The victims could have been killed as long as two days ago at another location, then transported to San Juan, a town in the municipality of Cadereyta, about 105 miles west-southwest of McAllen, Texas, and 75 miles southwest of the Roma, Texas, border crossing, state Attorney General Adrian de la Garza said.

Only one couple looking for their missing daughter visited the morgue in Monterrey where autopsies were being performed Sunday, a state police investigator said.

The officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, said none of the six female bodies matched the missing daughter's description. He said some of the bodies were badly decomposed and some had their whole arms or lower legs missing.
    De la Garza said he did not rule out the possibility that the victims were U.S.-bound migrants.
    But it seemed more likely that the killings were the latest salvo in a gruesome game of tit-for-tat in fighting between the Zetas and the powerful Sinaloa Cartel.

Mass body dumpings have increased around Mexico in the last six months of escalating fighting between the Zetas and Sinaloa, which is led by fugitive drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, and its allies, the federal Attorney General's Office said in statement late Sunday.

The two cartels have committed "irrational acts of inhumane and inadmissible violence in their dispute," the office said, reiterating it is offering $2 million rewards for information leading to the arrests of Guzman, Ismael Zambada, another Sinaloa cartel leader, and Zetas' leaders Heriberto Lazacano Lazcano and Miguel Trevino.

Under President Felipe Calderon's nearly six-year offensive against organized crime, the two cartels have emerged as Mexico's two most powerful gangs and are battling over strategic transport routes and territory, including along the northern border with the U.S. and in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz.

In less than a month, the mutilated bodies of 14 men were left in a van in downtown Nuevo Laredo, 23 people were found hanged or decapitated in the same border city and 18 dismembered bodied were left near Mexico's second-largest city, Guadalajara. Nuevo Laredo, like Monterrey, is considered Zeta territory, while Guadalajara has long been controlled by gangs loyal to Sinaloa.
    "This is the most definitive of all the cartel wars," said Raul Benitez Manaut, a security expert at Mexico's National Autonomous University.

The Zetas are a transient gang without real territory or a secure stream of income, unlike Sinaloa with its lucrative cocaine trade and control of smuggling routes and territory, Benitez said. But the Zetas are heavily armed while Sinaloa has a weak enforcement arm, he said.

The government's success in killing or arresting cartel leaders has fractured other once big cartels into weaker, quarreling bands that in many cases are lining up with either the Zetas or Sinaloa. At least one of those two cartels is present in nearly all of Mexico's 32 states.

A year ago this month, more than two dozen people -- most of them Zetas -- were killed when they tried to infiltrate the Sinaloa's territory in the Pacific Coast state of Nayarit.
    But their war started in earnest last fall in Veracruz, a strategic smuggling state with a giant Gulf port.

A drug gang allied with Sinaloa left 35 bodies on a main boulevard in the city of Veracruz in September, and police found 32 other bodies, apparently killed by the same gang, a few days after that. The goal apparently was to take over territory that had been dominated by the Zetas.
    Twenty-six bodies were found in November in Guadalajara, another territory being disputed by the Zetas and Sinaloa.

Drug violence has killed more than 47,500 people since Calderon launched a stepped-up offensive when he took office in December 2006.

Mexico is now in the midst of presidential race to replace Calderon, who by law can't run for re-election. Drug violence seems to be escalating, but none of the major candidates has referred directly to mass killings. All say they will stop the violence and make Mexico a more secure place, but offer few details on how their plans would differ from Calderon's.
    Benitez said the wave of violence has nothing to do with the presidential election.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/14/mexican-drug-cartels-in-fight-over-drug-route-4-decapitated-bodies-found/#ixzz1v5sdtUxt
    I'd post the pictures...but they are pretty disgusting...
    Post edited by RyGuy on

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another reason to make weed legal. This is exactly like alcohol swaps from Canada, only so much worse.
    Another reason to make weed legal. This is exactly like alcohol swaps from Canada, only so much worse.

Yet again, the video. (cited and everything LOL)

but heres a new one:

The smartest decision is to end the war on drugs. So much wasted taxpayer money, so many wasted lives...its disgusting...

This dude doesn't need a break in child support. He needs his balls broken off.

I feel sorry for the kids.

Amen!! Seeing this nonsense is ridiculous...he needs to be castrated...or do the smart thing and wear condoms/use other means of control. For him to whine about paying child support...hahaha what a joke. Hes the or that decided to do the action, now he should have to pay up for the consequences...

#RyRants lol

Amen!! Seeing this nonsense is ridiculous...he needs to be castrated...or do the smart thing and wear condoms/use other means of control. For him to whine about paying child support...hahaha what a joke. Hes the or that decided to do the action, now he should have to pay up for the consequences...

#RyRants lol
    To sum it all up... He's a fuckin' idiot who's been fuckin' idiots.

#RyRants lol

To sum it all up... He's a fuckin' idiot who's been fuckin' idiots.

Amen!!

edited May 2012
    Prepare yourselves...it...has...happened...

http://www.examiner.com/article/police-shoot-naked-cannibal-during-zombie-attack-miami
    On Saturday afternoon around 2 p.m. in Miami, Florida, a police officer was forced to shoot and kill a naked man who was eating the face of another man. The story that follows involves mutilation, cannibalism, and death and may be disturbing to some readers.

According to the Miami Herald:

View slideshow: The zombies of Denver
    The officer...approached and saw that the naked man was actually chewing the other man's head, according to witnesses. The officer ordered the naked man to back away, and when he continued the assault, the officer shot him.

The attacker continued to eat the man, despite being shot, forcing the officer to continue firing. Witnesses said they heard at least a half dozen shots.

Neither the slain attacker nor the victim has been identified. CBS Miami later updated the public with the following gruesome statement:

Armando Aguilar, who heads the local chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police, said he has spoken with the officer who responded. Aguilar said the officer saw what the man was doing, and ordered him to stop. He said the man growled at the officer, and then returned to his meal.

Aguilar said the man ate his victim’s nose and eyeballs.

The officer then used his service weapon and shot the man, Aguilar said, but the gunshot had no effect.

Other sources confirmed that the man refused to obey, and continued his attack. Aguilar said the officer had no choice but to keep shooting until the attacker was dead.

Investigators sharing limited details about the confrontation, saying only that the two men were fighting and the officers felt they had no choice but to take deadly force.”

“With the attacker dead, lying nude on the pavement, officers and paramedics were able to get to his victim and rush him to Jackson Memorial Hospital. Police sources say the man had virtually no face and was unrecognizable.

Despite the horrific and tragic nature of the case, bloggers, zombiephiles, and zombie news sites almost immediately picked up on the story as a real-life case of a zombie attack. Zombie news site Zombie Zone News has followed the story in order to document those aspects of the event that could link it to a widespread zombie outbreak.

While the attack is of course no laughing matter, that hasn't stopped zombiephiles from speculating. The facts are these:

A man was eating the flesh of another person.
    That man did not respond to verbal orders or react to being shot.
    That man snarled at the police officer who intervened in the attack.
    As the saying goes: If it eats flesh like a zombie, snarls like a zombie, and doesn't react to outside stimuli like a zombie...

In a statement issued by Miami police, authorities have speculated that the attacker was suffering from "cocaine psychosis," which often makes sufferers exhibit crazed behavior and to feel intense heat, causing them to remove their clothing. Another theory is that the attacker was being affected by a new drug known as "Bad LSD."

Authorities are also referring to the officer who intervened as a hero for saving the victim's life. At this time there is no new information on the victim's condition.
    Post edited by RyGuy on

I heard about this, Ry. Some people are wondering why the attacker wasn't tasered.

I heard about this, Ry. Some people are wondering why the attacker wasn't tasered.
    Thats what I was honestly wondering too. It may have been that the cop was too startled by what was happening, or that they kept asking him and the man wasn't responsive...its such a curious case though. I'm really wanting to find out the details of what all happened. :-/

Wtf...
    New Jersey man stabbed himself, threw skin and intestines at cops: authorities

HACKENSACK, N.J. — A man who stabbed himself and threw pieces of his skin and intestines at police officers trying to subdue him was hospitalized in critical condition on Monday, authorities said.

Officers encountered 43-year-old Wayne Carter on Sunday morning when they responded to reports of a man barricaded in a room in Hackensack and threatening to harm himself, police Lt. John Heinemann said.

Two officers kicked in the door and saw Carter in a corner, holding a knife in his hand, police said. Carter, ignoring the officers' orders to drop the knife, stood up and stabbed himself in the abdomen, legs and neck, they said.

Carter yelled at the officers and took an aggressive stance, and the officers used pepper spray in a bid to subdue him, but it had no effect, Heinemann said.

Police said Carter then cut off pieces of his skin and intestines and threw them at the officers.

The officers decided to retreat and call in the Bergen County SWAT team, Heinemann said. Carter finally was restrained and was taken to a hospital just before midnight.

No charges have been filed because of the unusual nature of the case, Heinemann said. He said he believes drug use or mental illness may have contributed to Carter's behavior, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Carter had been arrested in the past for aggravated assault and resisting arrest.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jersey-man-stabbed-threw-skin-intestines-cops-authorities-article-1.1086266#ixzz1wJhu2Vxd

I can always count on you, Ry, to post about some pretty fucked up shit.

edited May 2012
    LOL you know...this world is a fucked up place lol I just don't get stories like these. Im fascinated by them. Sometimes I really think about changing my major to law enforcement or something with detective work but I enjoy art too much. I love a good mystery and unraveling the truth. With these two cases in the past few days, I just hope it isn't the Zombie apocalypse, and just "a crackhead that got a hold of the wrong stuff..." hahaha :P

Post edited by RyGuy on

• AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I thought he had a little nibble on his cheek or something, I wasn't expecting that.
    Spoiler:
    Post edited by Ash on
    WOW. That...that is so disturbing... X_X

that poor fellow :(

LOL you know...this world is a fucked up place lol I just don't get stories like these. Im fascinated by them. Sometimes I really think about changing my major to law enforcement or something with detective work but I enjoy art too much. I love a good mystery and unraveling the truth. With these two cases in the past few days, I just hope it isn't the Zombie apocalypse, and just "
    a crackhead that got a hold of the wrong stuff..." hahaha :P
    You could combine the two and be a courtroom sketch artist. :)

When I read this story, I was thinking about the factors that would've been in play in his astrological chart:

Hopi*- knives
    Bacchus*- drugs
    Psyche*- mental state/brain
    Kassandra*- warnings
    Saturn- authority
    Isis*- pieces
    Neptune/Hidalgo*- pepper spray

(*asteroids)

Finally. A great politician from my corrupted home state that actually cares about the people. Definitely worth a watch:

• AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's very passionate, I'll give him that!
    "I think it's cruel and no child should be given an award like this. It's disturbing," she said, adding that she was not aware her daughter had a problem with homework, and that the girl had been enrolled in an after-school homework assistance program.

No, what's disturbing, Ms. Valdez, is that you weren't checking on your own daughter's homework assignments to make sure they had been completed.

• AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    "I think it's cruel and no child should be given an award like this. It's disturbing," she said, adding that she was not aware her daughter had a problem with homework, and that the girl had been enrolled in an after-school homework assistance program.

No, what's disturbing, Ms. Valdez, is that you weren't checking on your own daughter's homework assignments to make sure they had been completed.

But you have to agree that this award isn't right.
    Finally. A great politician from my corrupted home state that actually cares about the people. Definitely worth a watch:

Representative Bob: "Hey, Jim. Are you ready to vote on that bill?"
    Representative Jim: "I haven't read it yet but, yeah, I'm ready to cast my vote."
    Representative Bob: "I haven't either, but when have I ever read a bill?"

Six months later...

Representative Jim: "Hey, Bob. Have you heard the news? Cat juggling is now legal."
    Representative Bob: "Really? When did this happen?"
    Representative Jim: "It was part of that bill that we voted to pass. You know? The one we didn't read?"

Seriously...Why are these people voting on bills they haven't read?

Representative Bob: "Hey, Jim. Are you ready to vote on that bill?"
    Representative Jim: "I haven't read it yet but, yeah, I'm ready to cast my vote."
    Representative Bob: "I haven't either, but when have I ever read a bill?"

Six months later...

Representative Jim: "Hey, Bob. Have you heard the news? Cat juggling is now legal."
    Representative Bob: "Really? When did this happen?"
    Representative Jim: "It was part of that bill that we voted to pass. You know? The one we didn't read?"

Seriously...Why are these people voting on bills they haven't read?

Its people not doing their damn job...nothing aggravates me more. These are people that we all elect and most of them don't even read the bills they are supposed to put into law for the people that chose them. It makes no sense to me...and then so many other things get added to bills...gahh >:(

Goverment is not as productive as we'd like it to be..
    Photobucket
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fucking baby boomers man. Just fucking wait till them and all their fucking bullshit about "how they had it toughest" and all their fucking benefits and expenditures wasted on them are gone. Decade or so and they're gone. We'll be left with people who actually understand 21st century stuff and actually had to work for a job.

You see, cuz to the old farts in Congress, they still think today works like:

school - ehhhhh fuck school! ill just leave high school!
    after leaving - "WELCOME TO FORD/GM! HOW MANY VACATION WEEKS WOULD YOU LIKE?"
    after working - "WELCOME TO SOCIAL SECURITY! HERE'S ALL YOUR RETIREMENT NEEDS"

How it actually is:

school - no classes
    college - $80,000
    debt - fucking forever
    jobs - "get the fuck out, we have asians for this job that do it for 10 cents"
    after finally finding a job - "oops layoffs kbye"

fucking old farts in congress. can't wait until they're gone.
    Fucking baby boomers man. Just fucking wait till them and all their fucking bullshit about "how they had it toughest" and all their fucking benefits and expenditures wasted on them are gone. Decade or so and they're gone. We'll be left with people who actually understand 21st century stuff and actually had to work for a job.

You see, cuz to the old farts in Congress, they still think today works like:

school - ehhhhh fuck school! ill just leave high school!
    after leaving - "WELCOME TO FORD/GM! HOW MANY VACATION WEEKS WOULD YOU LIKE?"
    after working - "WELCOME TO SOCIAL SECURITY! HERE'S ALL YOUR RETIREMENT NEEDS"

How it actually is:

school - no classes
    college - $80,000
    debt - fucking forever
    jobs - "get the fuck out, we have asians for this job that do it for 10 cents"
    after finally finding a job - "oops layoffs kbye"

fucking old farts in congress. can't wait until they're gone.
    Couldnt not have said it better.

edited May 2012

Wow...what an idiot...
    Post edited by RyGuy on

• LizLiz Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭✭
    She is an idiot...he handled the situation well though, it had to painful for him.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,940 mod
    fucking republicans
    Adam is...a Democrat? :O BAHAHAHAHA, just jumped @ash to become my most admired on the forum lol
    imageimageimage
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently denied knowing of “a virus or condition that would reanimate the dead (or one would that would present zombie-like symptoms),” after a series of instances of cannibalism across the country were reported, but remains silent about the effect of zombie-inducing parasites that live in human brains.

A 2008 piece by Discover Magazine entitled, “Zombie animals and the parasites that control them,” named a single-cell parasite primarily found in cats, the Toxoplasma gondii — which alters the brain-chemistry of rats to make them more likely to seek out cats — as one such parasite.

The Toxoplasma “thus makes a rat more likely to be killed and the parasite more likely to end up in a cat — the only host in which it can complete the reproductive step of its life cycle,” Discover reported in a separate piece.

The parasite can also live in the brain cells of thousands of other warm-blooded animals, including humans. The Toxoplasma, when living inside humans, is linked to causing significant changes in behavior, including neuroticism, increased aggression and schizophrenia.

“[Animal] studies of Toxoplasma infections have demonstrated that this organism affects levels of dopamine, norepinephrine, and other neurotransmitters, which are well known to be affected in persons with schizophrenia,” according to a 2003 article in the CDC’s “Emerging Infectious Diseases” publication.
    The CDC’s own website acknowledges that Toxoplasma is “considered to be a leading cause of death attributed to foodborne illness in the United States.”

Approximately 1 out of every 5 Americans are infected with the parasite, which is transmitted through the consumption of undercooked meats or by coming in contact with cat feces.

Pigs are also a carrier of the parasite. A study published by the American Society of Parisitologists in 1995 said that pork “is considered to be the most important meat source of T. gondii infection in the U.S.”
    “Transmission to swine may also occur by the consumption of animals such as rodents and birds infected with T. gondii tissue cysts and by cannibalism,” the study said.

While pigs are known to engage in cannibalism, no known correlation between the parasite and cannibalism has been found.

France also has a high prevalence of Toxoplasma-infected people.
    The Daily Caller’s inquiry to the CDC about why it omitted parasites from its denial, and about the possibility of the cannibals having been infected by the Toxoplasma, however, was met with silence.

fucking republicans

Adam is...a Democrat? :O BAHAHAHAHA, just jumped @ash to become my most admired on the forum lol
    I'm a democrat. I'm not a far-left extremist, but I'm definitely leaning left. Republicans are, generally, too narrow minded for my liking.

Photobucket
    Reposted from Tumblr:

STUDENTS MAKE BUS MONITOR CRY!!!

Four students in a middle school in my town made a video harassing their school bus monitor. In this ten minute video, they verbally abuse her over and over again, saying things as terrible as “I hope your kids kill themselves so they don’t have to be around you” and they were gonna “stab her in the stomach”. Her son committed suicide ten years ago. The police are handling the undetermined consequences for the children who were harassing her. It has already been on the local news and the video currently has over 280,000 views on Youtube, and over $40,000 has been raised for her to go on vacation, she only makes $15,506 a year. 1,300 emails have been sent to the school district regarding this. A local radio guy in my town tweeted Ellen the video. We want this to go viral and for those kids to be humiliated. She has also been interviewed on the news, aswell as a parent of one of the kids. If you want to send her a sweet message, her name is Karen Huff Klein.

Here is the link to her Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/kklein1944

Here is the link to the tweet we want to get to Ellen:

Here is the fundraiser to give her a vacation if you want to donate! You can donate as little or as much as you want:

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=pledges

On the link above, there are links to the staff emails including the principal of the school, links to the other videos, links to the schools website, information on the bus number, and the school’s fax number.

WE WANT TO GET THIS ON ELLEN OR ON NATIONAL NEWS! HELP OUT KAREN KLEIN! TEAM KAREN!

Well these kids have been tracked down and the internet will not be kind lol. I'm sorry but picking on an older woman for no reason whatsoever is the most despicable and downright vile thing possible. Kids honestly have absolutely zero respect for elders anymore and it just makes me sick, especially after seeing something like this. Whatever comes to these kids they deserve...

heres a new interview :(

Good fucking riddance to those kids...they have had all their online accounts tracked down, addresses, etc. They get what they deserve, I'm sorry but they do. Its disgusting.

Because of those rotten kids, she can get out of that shithole and have some time to herself. $100,000 dollars from this morning. Karma.
    Photobucket
    Because of those rotten kids, she can get out of that shithole and have some time to herself. $100,000 dollars from this morning. Karma.
    Could not agree more. Its a sick world we live in, but with stuff like this, I still have hope for humanity :)